Richmond off-topic postings

Cotuit

52 minutes ago, Downtowner said:

My wife and daughter are feeling much better I’m feeling better this afternoon felt rough this morning. The mess is finally starting to leave me thank the lord 

Thank God! Glad to hear the good news, my friend. Thanks for the update. May you and yours all be fully healthy speedily and soon!

• Like 1

Oh, I have more photos I can post of the Richmond, Virginia Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at the corner of Mountain Rd and Staples Mill Rd in Henrico. Open house dates (when the public is allowed to come in and take a tour) has not been announced yet, but I’ve heard it could be this upcoming Spring.  Here are a couple “teaser” photos and a link to many more:

https://churchofjesuschristtemples.org/richmond-virginia-temple/photographs/

678BF51D-8B15-4CF4-A9E6-42766D0E965F.jpeg

2DDE9ABA-A281-41BF-A499-9C2661B9D0FE.jpeg

Edited by eandslee
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, I miss RVA said:

@Child2021& @eandslee-- GREAT photos of the RVAJCLDS temple. Really gorgeous building! Thanks for posting these, guys. :tw_thumbsup:

They really build nice formal classical structures. I’m not at all religious and buildings used for that are not appealing to me but I’m glad people go and if they can be better citizens and nicer people because of it, then good deal. For me, standing on top of a mountain, silent and in peace, looking off into the galaxies, I feel closer to what I think many are looking for. 

• Like 3

Well I spoke to soon. I start feeling awful this evening. My wife started talking and her voice is almost completely gone, my sinus and cough is terrible I feel like someone just used me to mop a bathroom floor with. My wife and I are going back to patient first tomorrow: my wife thinks she has pneumonia and I took someone my ones just now about to sleep like a naked baby on cloud 9. Night night guys I’ll feel better soon. Tomorrow I’ll  be ready for some college football go dawgs woof woof. I’m a Georgia fan. Also get ready to take an L Sunday Washington football fans. Your in the lions den Sunday with mcdc and company. Mcdc is our coach we gave him the nickname motor city Dan Campbell. It’s a new culture and we are going to show you what new ownership can do for a team that has suffered for so many decades.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Downtowner said:

I know next season either then or apple will have the rights to nfl Sunday tickets. Direct tv is finally no longer the soul owner of it. I can’t wait for them to no longer have it and have Amazon or apple have it. I’m really excited and can’t wait to watch out of market games.

I moved this over to “off topic” to get it in the right location, since I started this earlier, felt I should get it corrected. 

I’m really going to have to address what channels we’re paying for next year then. So far, NFL has been basically free for me as I get enough of the Steelers to get by, but if there are no games on basic TV next year, I’m going to have to do something.  I also like VCU basketball and need specific channels (MASN) for them, which are only available on certain Verizon packages,  plus NHL Penguins hockey, using ESPN +, plus Netflix, free though thru T-mobile, it all gets a bit too much and not sure I’d add more.

54 minutes ago, Hike said:

I moved this over to “off topic” to get it in the right location, since I started this earlier, felt I should get it corrected. 

I’m really going to have to address what channels we’re paying for next year then. So far, NFL has been basically free for me as I get enough of the Steelers to get by, but if there are no games on basic TV next year, I’m going to have to do something.  I also like VCU basketball and need specific channels (MASN) for them, which are only available on certain Verizon packages,  plus NHL Penguins hockey, using ESPN +, plus Netflix, free though thru T-mobile, it all gets a bit too much and not sure I’d add more.

My brother has one of the NHL packages because he gets the Penguins on demand. He also has the MLB package - he gets the Pirates and I've gone over there now and then to watch the Yankees. 

22 minutes ago, I miss RVA said:

My brother has one of the NHL packages because he gets the Penguins on demand. He also has the MLB package - he gets the Pirates and I've gone over there now and then to watch the Yankees. 

If it weren’t for sports my TV cost would be pretty low, also, yeah, the Pirates, man I wish they’d be better, so hard to continue watching them,  and of all the teams I follow, the pirates are on the bottom of my list and not paying to watch them, sorry team. I just finished watching UVA beat ODU in football, was a close game, last second FG,  ODU is a tough out, just ask VT.

Edited by Hike

31 minutes ago, Hike said:

If it weren’t for sports my TV cost would be pretty low, also, yeah, the Pirates, man I wish they’d be better, so hard to continue watching them,  and of all the teams I follow, the pirates are on the bottom of my list and not paying to watch them, sorry team. I just finished watching UVA beat ODU in football, was a close game, last second FG,  ODU is a tough out, just ask VT.

ODU is underrated. If memory serves, back when I wrote sports for the AP, they were in Division II in the old ODAC - Old Dominion Athletic Conference - and it was always fun when they would play Newport News Apprentice - the Monarch and the Shipbuilders. Wow... LONNNNNG time ago!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, I miss RVA said:

ODU is underrated. If memory serves, back when I wrote sports for the AP, they were in Division II in the old ODAC - Old Dominion Athletic Conference - and it was always fun when they would play Newport News Apprentice - the Monarch and the Shipbuilders. Wow... LONNNNNG time ago!

I don’t remember this series, they’re now in the Sun belt now. As a VCU fan, watched them play many times in the CAA in basketball, that was always a fun series, miss those days really, big games at the coliseum, was always a great battle.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, eandslee said:

I went to the ODU vs UVA game today. Game was too close for my taste, but thank goodness we won…at the last second!  Go Hoos!

Way too close, a few too many turn overs in critical times, happy they pulled it out. Was really hating the idea of ODU being able to say they own Virginia this year and was glad UVA had such a good final drive. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Hike said:

Way too close, a few too many turn overs in critical times, happy they pulled it out. Was really hating the idea of ODU being able to say they own Virginia this year and was glad UVA had such a good final drive. 

Georgia annihilated South Carolina today. Looking like another great team and year for us.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hike said:

Not sure I’ll ever be able to feel that, closest I got was VCU final four, still hold out that it will repeat again some day.

Man when we won the National title last year it was such an amazing feeling. Also alabama doesn’t look that good this year despite the weapons they have every year. There wide receiver core looks the weakest I have ever seen since nick Saban began his dynasty with alabama. Also Bryce young looks like he may be having a rough year. He threw two picks and got sacked once against Louisiana Monroe tonight but still scored 50 plus against them.

Does anyone know any streaming sites for out of market nfl games that keep up with real time?Every time I watch the lions they are two plays behind the touchdown they scored on the same drive. Luckily I can watch them local tomorrow being in Washington territory. Just wish I could find a site that has at least as close to real time as possible and not freeze as much. We have the mid grade fios package for tv and internet. Or it may be the upper mid tier before the most expensive one. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Downtowner said:

Our next census count should be very interesting for the Richmond msa. I’m very excited for it too.

Given all the tomfoolery that was taking place in the federal government relative to the actual taking of the census (not to mention what happened with Covid), I've held that there were significant undercounts in the city's and metro's population figures (and this was a nationwide problem - a lot of cities have complained about this). I have a feeling that a naturally-occurring 'true-up' will be baked into the 2030 census results, provided it s properly taken and not truncated or constrained for whatever twisted political purposes might be in play at that time.

• Like 4