What's going in behind CarMax and St. Joseph's?

Sandlapper

I work at CarMax and for a long time now I've wondered this. They cleared off the land and had it looking like they were about to start building something and then they just stopped. I do notice there are a couple of tennis courts sitting right in the middle though. :huh: Anyone know what's supposed to be going there?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If youre talking about the site behind St Joseph's where there is a blue track, then that's the future home of the New JL Mann High School. They cleared the site and have construction materials sitting out there but they've been sitting there for over a year.... and there are Tennis Courts that have been built. They also have cleared the site across Ridge Rd from St. Joe's, but that's going to be home for the Global Trade Park.

New JL Mann? The one they have is kind of new.

Are you kidding me? That place is a dump!!

If youre talking about the site behind St Joseph's where there is a blue track, then that's the future home of the New JL Mann High School. They cleared the site and have construction materials sitting out there but they've been sitting there for over a year.... and there are Tennis Courts that have been built. They also have cleared the site across Ridge Rd from St. Joe's, but that's going to be home for the Global Trade Park.

That's the one I'm referring to. Did they run out of money or something? Why the delay?

It's been delayed and delayed some more. It was suppose to be finished and ready for me when I was there... but now i'm a freshman at Clemson.

They do need more room and a new school. It's the orginal building and the school opened it's doors in 1964 i believe. There's about 13 or 14 portables too. It's a tad too small. :lol:

Archived