Park Plaza Mall

The article in Arkansas Business that someone quoted on another thread regarding 3 pending downtown developments also stated that a "major" tenant announcement is forthcoming in November for the First Level of Park Plaza. Any guesses? Apple?

They need to stop teasing and announce these developments. I have no idea who could locate in the space, but if I had to guess it would be a popular clothing outlet that doesn't have a presence in the state yet so that can be a a lot of things.

What does everyone think of the new signage that are placing outside of Park Plaza. It's certainly different from what they had. It's been a couple of months since I've been in the mall so I don't know how far along they are with the renovation, but from the drawings that I saw it will go to another level. I'm so happy that Park Plaza and Midtowne are making an investment in the area. Now if Simon and the owners of University Mall can get there act together and come on board.

They need to stop teasing and announce these developments. I have no idea who could locate in the space, but if I had to guess it would be a popular clothing outlet that doesn't have a presence in the state yet so that can be a a lot of things.

What does everyone think of the new signage that are placing outside of Park Plaza. It's certainly different from what they had. It's been a couple of months since I've been in the mall so I don't know how far along they are with the renovation, but from the drawings that I saw it will go to another level. I'm so happy that Park Plaza and Midtowne are making an investment in the area. Now if Simon and the owners of University Mall can get there act together and come on board.

The architectural design and graphics are quite sophisticated and progressive in my opinion, very upscale. I think its been tastefully done....though they are not yet complete.

This couldn't have happened at a better time with MidTowne across the street. Lots of great synergy here now...

The architectural design and graphics are quite sophisticated and progressive in my opinion, very upscale. I think its been tastefully done....though they are not yet complete.

This couldn't have happened at a better time with MidTowne across the street. Lots of great synergy here now...

I agree. When the new Park Plaza signage first went up, I was a little taken aback, though I immediately recognized it as an improvement over the previous orange and teal. I drive by it twice a day. I like it a lot now.

The inside renovation is brighter, but I am waiting to see it all come togther, including the new tenants. The Gap should be returning and Bombay should be exiting next month.

Someone, who has a camera and the time, should start a holiday lights 2006 subforum. I bet Park Plaza and Midtowne will be spectacular this year.

Maybe it's an Urban Outfitters

It would be a large one if it moved in there, but maybe the theatre part will not be one store...

Also anyone know what new places will come to the food court?

Edited by shcwilj

Maybe it's an Urban Outfitters

It would be a large one if it moved in there, but maybe the theatre part will not be one store...

Also anyone know what new places will come to the food court?

I was hoping the movie theater space (which is huge) would be used for a major restaurant tenant. It would fit in with the food court well.

California Pizza Kitchen would be hard to pull in. They don't even have locations in Oklahoma, Lousiana, Tennessee, or Kansas. Of course this could be that they just haven't had time to expand to these markets. The nearest one's are in Kansas City, Dallas and Frisco.

True. Birmingham and Omaha have them and the LR market is just a little smaller than those. Still, growing chains like this are usually just looking for the right developments in target cities and somtimes that takes years. Getting one of the only two sit-down restaurants in a mall that has Park Plaza's demographic is pretty desirable.

Though it's not a chain or anything, Forbidden City is really quite good. We all harp on national chains and want them but if it was a local place of that quality I wouldn't complain.

• 2 weeks later...

The plumbing review list Life Uniform for Park Plaza...never heard of this Tenant before.

It's a shop that sells scrubs for nurses, etc. There's one in University Mall and they also have locations in Ft Smith and Pine Bluff. They have multiple locations in almost every state, they must have a 1000 or more across the country.

It's a shop that sells scrubs for nurses, etc. There's one in University Mall and they also have locations in Ft Smith and Pine Bluff. They have multiple locations in almost every state, they must have a 1000 or more across the country.

Doesnt sound like a very good fit for Park Plaza...kind of disapointing. You'd think with all the renovations and attempts to be more upscale they would get a better tenant than this.

Edited by jcaruth

Doesnt sound like a very good fit for Park Plaza...kind of disapointing. You'd think with all the renovations and attempts to be more upscale they would get a better tenant than this.

I agree. I'm assuming this is more flight from University Mall and they're closing the mall there. Still, I was thinking with the premium on upscale mall space in Little Rock right now that they'd be getting a better tier of store.

Nope.

The space is too small and since Park Plaza was Dillard's pet project when it was built Dillard's has the exclusive department store rights.

That space is too small for a department store but is fairly large for a standard store. My guess is Anthropologie.

With J. Jill located just across the street, I wonder if J. Crew might be the new tenant for Park Plaza. I could be dreaming this up, but aren't these two stores usually located in relatively close proximity to each other?

With J. Jill located just across the street, I wonder if J. Crew might be the new tenant for Park Plaza. I could be dreaming this up, but aren't these two stores usually located in relatively close proximity to each other?

I wouldn't at all be shocked if J Crew was the tenant, that makes good sense. I don't know about the J Jill connection.

I keep wondering if it will be a restaurant just because it's in the food court area and there aren't really traditional stores down there.

I wouldn't at all be shocked if J Crew was the tenant, that makes good sense. I don't know about the J Jill connection.

I keep wondering if it will be a restaurant just because it's in the food court area and there aren't really traditional stores down there.

It wont be a restaurant, it will be retail. Posted earlier from Arkansas Times:

"Sherry Duggin, the mall