Park Plaza Mall

I wouldn't at all be shocked if J Crew was the tenant, that makes good sense. I don't know about the J Jill connection.

The only reason I say that is because my wife was under that impression and I don't debate her when it comes to shopping. I think that was part of our wedding vows. That said, she could be wrong.

It's a shop that sells scrubs for nurses, etc. There's one in University Mall and they also have locations in Ft Smith and Pine Bluff. They have multiple locations in almost every state, they must have a 1000 or more across the country.

This store maybe filling another spot in the mall and not necessarily the renovated movie theater site. Remember Bombay Co. is moving from Park Plaza to Midtowne. It could go in the Bombay Co. spot.

Someone mentioned Payless Shoes also. It may be going in Park Plaza, but it is not the national chain with no other stores in the state that the release mentioned.

I agree with Apork in that it may be Anthropologie. The mall still needs a Nine West for my wife. :)

This store maybe filling another spot in the mall and not necessarily the renovated movie theater site. Remember Bombay Co. is moving from Park Plaza to Midtowne. It could go in the Bombay Co. spot.

Someone mentioned Payless Shoes also. It may be going in Park Plaza, but it is not the national chain with no other stores in the state that the release mentioned.

I agree with Apork in that it may be Anthropologie. The mall still needs a Nine West for my wife. :)

Nine West and Charlotte Russe should already be there. I don't know why they aren't.

Payless? Crap, GREAT NEWS. :rolleyes:

If its retail, I'll go with either Apple or Restoration Hardware.

If its dining (more likely at this location?), I'll go with Rainforest Cafe - longshot I know.....

I was thinking Restoration Hardware, as well. That old theater space is relatively large and would give them plenty of space to stretch out. Originally, I had thought Crate and Barrell, but that seems much less likely.

I recently read an article in my newspaper that talked about the possibility of Apple in Arkansas. The company official stated that there wasn't any immediate plans for an Apple store in Arkansas, nor any attentions of opening a store.

Well, if this is your article...

http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2006/10/...100406apple.txt

...I don't read a quote from an Apple executive ruling out a retail location. They only responded to questions about the Best Buy in-store program.

Certainly they've located in markets equivalent (or smaller) than Little Rock. And if my memory serves me correctly, Little Rock fares well above average of metro areas in percentage of those with college degrees, etc. Little Rock is pretty high on the "prospective" list according to this independent source:

http://www.ifoapplestore.com/stores/future_stores.html

Little Rock is actually 12th on the list of their predicted next (or likely) locations. Not that this means one hoot to the reality of Apple's decisions...The NWA article actually referenced this list...

Edited by Architect

I walked through Park Plaza today for about 15 minutes during lunch, and I was impressed! Very classy renovation - definetely the nicest space in the state. Makes McCain Mall look like the red-headed step-child she is under Simon's oversight. I'm anxious to see it completed along with the complement of what new retailers may be involved!

I walked through Park Plaza today for about 15 minutes during lunch, and I was impressed! Very classy renovation - definetely the nicest space in the state. Makes McCain Mall look like the red-headed step-child she is under Simon's oversight. I'm anxious to see it completed along with the complement of what new retailers may be involved!

Any pictures? I'd like to see how it compares to the Promenade in Rogers.

Any pictures? I'd like to see how it compares to the Promenade in Rogers.

It's going to be hard to compare since one is indoor and the other outdoor. It was already the nicest indoor mall in the state, and now it will just be that much better. I haven't been in there since they started working on it but I might visit this weekend when I go back to LR.

It's going to be hard to compare since one is indoor and the other outdoor. It was already the nicest indoor mall in the state, and now it will just be that much better. I haven't been in there since they started working on it but I might visit this weekend when I go back to LR.

I know. I'd still like to see the walls, the stores, and the overall atmosphere.

I talked to a guy today that actually builds Apple stores. I asked him if he knew if one could possibly be coming to Little Rock soon. He said that it depends on the type of developments that come along and where they are. He said that Apple only builds stores in areas of a city that have a median income of $100,000+ He said that the Chenal area would be the likely area that Apple would be interested in, based on where he currently builds stores. This has me thinking that The Promenade at Chenal could very well get an Apple Store. They say they are aiming at high-end tenants. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Edited by tim2462

I drove by Park Plaza this weekend and I noticed the new retro green signage. It wouldn't be my top choice but at least it's obviously retro as opposed to just outdated the way the old signage was.

When did the mall get rid of the palm trees? I kind of liked them.

Just curious Pork, but when are you officially moving up to LR?