Park Plaza Mall

Zoe's Kitchen is opening a location in Park Plaza Mall apparently.  Plumbing permit issued for a location at 6000 West Markham. 

I was in the mall recently and realized that there are several vacancies right now. Of course, Coldwater Creek is still empty, but there are probably four or more other vacant storefronts. It's not terrible, but I hope they don't lose more once the outlet mall opens.

• 2 weeks later...

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Went to Park Plaza over the weekend and noticed a few more empty stores, also noticed though a new one. Looks like a VANS store is set to open on the upper level down near Best Buy Mobile and Build A Bear. Will be interesting seeing how Journey's and Zumies handle having a major shoe brand store right near them (especially Zumies).

-R

56 minutes ago, SangreRaVen said:

Went to Park Plaza over the weekend and noticed a few more empty stores, also noticed though a new one. Looks like a VANS store is set to open on the upper level down near Best Buy Mobile and Build A Bear. Will be interesting seeing how Journey's and Zumies handle having a major shoe brand store right near them (especially Zumies).

-R

I was there this weekend and noticed a few empty stores as well, but couldn't remember what had been there.  That being said, it was pretty busy!

Yeah it still seems pretty busy, overall I do not think Gateway Town Center will hurt it very much, its far enough away that Park Plaza will still pull in its core shoppers for its location. I was even happy to see the pizza place where the old Sbarro was, my personal view, every mall needs a pizza place

-R

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

We were in Park Plaza this evening (seemed fairly busy), and I noticed that the Aeropostale store had closed...I asked another mall employee about it, and she said the story was that corporate closed it because the manager and some employees were scamming money off the top!  Who knows.  This follows the store closing at Chenal Promenade, but the McCain Mall store is still open.

On July 10, 2016 at 8:58 AM, Arkanzin said:

Aeropostale corporate is in bankruptcy.  They announced the closing of a bunch of stores earlier this year.  Here's the list.  Park Plaza, Hot Springs, and Rogers were all on the lost of stores to close.  

Aeropostale Store Closing List

Ah, got it.  Maybe by "manager" she meant the CEO.  Ha!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/12/2016 at 5:14 PM, Arkanzin said:

I'm hearing that H&M will be opening a store in Park Plaza.  I was also told that the store will be two floors.  Where in Park Plaza would there be a store location with two floors? 

Maybe it will be in two separate pieces. I've been in other cities where H&M men was separate from the rest of the H&M. There are several empty places in the mall where they could pull that off (especially if Limited goes away). 

22 hours ago, adman0468 said:

Maybe it will be in two separate pieces. I've been in other cities where H&M men was separate from the rest of the H&M. There are several empty places in the mall where they could pull that off (especially if Limited goes away). 

If that's how it goes, maybe women's apparel could land in the current Limited space, with men's apparel across the hall at the old Ann Taylor space.

• 1 month later...

Just left the mall. A&F and Hollister are closed. Plastic is up over the windows. Not sure if they are permanently closed or just remodeling. There is a sign on the doors showing a website where you can find other locations. 

Edit: Hollister actually has a hand written sign saying it was their last day. 

Edited by ndark

33 minutes ago, ndark said:

Just left the mall. A&F and Hollister are closed. Plastic is up over the windows. Not sure if they are permanently closed or just remodeling. There is a sign on the doors showing a website where you can find other locations. 

I guess the rumors about H&M are true. That would give them a sizable location with Hollister and the tenants on the hallway entrance all gone.

4 hours ago, ndark said:

isn't that the only hollister in the whole metro? i don't think there's one at mccain. hopefully they'll relocate in the mall or move to a new place in LR. it was always crowded when I've ever been at the mall

36 minutes ago, Allen Alexander said:

isn't that the only hollister in the whole metro? i don't think there's one at mccain. hopefully they'll relocate in the mall or move to a new place in LR. it was always crowded when I've ever been at the mall

There's the newly freed up space where The Limited was.  And a smaller space where Bath & Body Works used to be, but if you were moving, wouldn't you remodel the old space first?

10 hours ago, Allen Alexander said:

According to the Democrat-Gazette neither store will relocate inside Park Plaza. Also it stated that a spokesman from the mall said that new retail announcements will be made in a few weeks.

The only other Hollister in the state is at Pinnacle Hills Promenade.

Edited by theman