Park Plaza Mall

If you're saying this is the first in Arkansas, then you're wrong. Pinnacle Promenade has Forever 21, it opened up 3 weeks ago. Forever 21 just doesn't have it listed on their website.

Ok. I am wrong then.

Park Plaza managment announced a new-to-arkansas tenant several weeks ago. Whether it is still new-to-Arkansas or not, this is the tenant.

Ok. I am wrong then.

Park Plaza managment announced a new-to-arkansas tenant several weeks ago. Whether it is still new-to-Arkansas or not, this is the tenant.

I don't see why they would make a big production out of Forever 21. It has trendy but inexpensive and cheaply made clothing targeted at women under 30. They may be moving into the mall but I would assume there is another major tenant as well that is "new to Arkansas".

I talked to a guy today that actually builds Apple stores. I asked him if he knew if one could possibly be coming to Little Rock soon. He said that it depends on the type of developments that come along and where they are. He said that Apple only builds stores in areas of a city that have a median income of $100,000+ He said that the Chenal area would be the likely area that Apple would be interested in, based on where he currently builds stores. This has me thinking that The Promenade at Chenal could very well get an Apple Store. They say they are aiming at high-end tenants. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Good info, but I read into this that he probably doesn't know or is not privy to future locations - he's just making observations about what he's been involved with regarding previous locations. Here's to hoping that LR meets the criteria!

Good info, but I read into this that he probably doesn't know or is not privy to future locations - he's just making observations about what he's been involved with regarding previous locations. Here's to hoping that LR meets the criteria!

I would think it would all depend on the development. I still believe that University is the perfect site for a really upscale development that could include stores like Apple and Macy's as part of a larger mixed use development.

I'm kind of surprised we didn't see an Apple store in Midtowne. They seem to like the same smaller upscale shopping centers that places like Pei Wei, Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, etc like.

I'm really curious about what will end up at the Promenade at Chenal. If they build it like they are proposing it will be very nice.

I would think it would all depend on the development. I still believe that University is the perfect site for a really upscale development that could include stores like Apple and Macy's as part of a larger mixed use development.

I'm kind of surprised we didn't see an Apple store in Midtowne. They seem to like the same smaller upscale shopping centers that places like Pei Wei, Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, etc like.

I'm really curious about what will end up at the Promenade at Chenal. If they build it like they are proposing it will be very nice.

Yeah, I'm pretty shocked that Apple hasn't turned up at either Park Plaza or Mid Towne. Frankly, if they're not going into either of those two developments, they're not coming to Arkansas (anytime soon anyway).

Payless is going upstairs, not sure if that will be the old Bombay space.

Forever21 is going where The Finish Line is now. The Finish Line will move to the opposite side of the mall, adjacent to the Forbiden City.

Brookstone's open in Bombay's old space. If Forever21 is going in, it's not open yet (as of Thursday, anyway). It's also not listed on their website (neither is the Pinnacle Pointe store, though, so it could just be a really out of date web site) -- did you get your info from a source you can tell us? (Not questioning you, just curious.)

Brookstone's open in Bombay's old space. If Forever21 is going in, it's not open yet (as of Thursday, anyway). It's also not listed on their website (neither is the Pinnacle Pointe store, though, so it could just be a really out of date web site) -- did you get your info from a source you can tell us? (Not questioning you, just curious.)

It's not Pinnacle Point, it's Pinnacle Promenade and it is open, believe me. I've been to the mall nearly 20 times and I see it every time.

Here's a link to the website. Check under the tenants.

Pinnacle Hills Promenade Mall

It's not Pinnacle Point, it's Pinnacle Promenade and it is open, believe me. I've been to the mall nearly 20 times and I see it every time.

Here's a link to the website. Check under the tenants.

Pinnacle Hills Promenade Mall

Sorry, Pinnacle Hills Promenade -- Pinnacle Pointe's a hospital in LR. Anyway, I wasn't questioning the existence of the store there, just saying that the Forever21 web site is apparently pretty out of date because it doesn't list it yet, even on the "new stores" page, and therefore the fact that there's no mention of a Park Plaza store either means exactly nothing.

Edited by hillbillyswamp

So there's a Brookstone in Park Plaza now? Cool.

I searched on Brookstone's store locator and got this result for stores near/in Little Rock

Park Plaza - TEMP HOLIDAY #990

6000 West Markham Street,

Little Rock, AR 72205

501-614-9852

So does that mean it leaves after Christmas? Maybe it is a trial period??

I searched on Brookstone's store locator and got this result for stores near/in Little Rock

Park Plaza - TEMP HOLIDAY #990

6000 West Markham Street,

Little Rock, AR 72205

501-614-9852

So does that mean it leaves after Christmas? Maybe it is a trial period??

That's weird. Wilsons Leather used to have a permanent location at Park Plaza that closed a few years ago for some reason. Then last holiday season, I noticed it was back, but I sort of thought it odd how sparse it was. Turned out is was a "temporary" store as well. What's up with that? I sure hope that isn't true with Brookstone!

That's weird. Wilsons Leather used to have a permanent location at Park Plaza that closed a few years ago for some reason. Then last holiday season, I noticed it was back, but I sort of thought it odd how sparse it was. Turned out is was a "temporary" store as well. What's up with that? I sure hope that isn't true with Brookstone!

Maybe they're moving into one location and will move to a different site once the renovation merry-go round is finished. At least I hope so.

But there is one at Pinnacle Hills Promenade?

Not yet. It's actually suppose to open by Thanksgiving weekend.

My guess is that Brookstone is trying to jump into the LR market right now and might be looking at a different mall in the future for a permanet store. I'm not sure if that's possible, but that's my guess to the whole temp. thing.

I was at the Grand re-opening of Park Plaza today. At the ribbon cutting cermony the announcement was unfortunately one that was pretty much all ready reported here. They announced that the new retailer was going to be "XXI" (I think leaving off the forever). He said it will be ~25,000 (about the size of all the Gap stores) and it will open in the fall of next year.

I went out to Forever 21 and found this......

" What is the difference between Forever 21 and Forever XXI?

Forever 21 offers the latest fashions at a great value to our customers. Thanks to the popularity of Forever 21, not only with young shoppers but also shoppers who are young at heart, Forever 21 has been able to create it's flagship stores, Fovever XXI, which occupy an average of 24,000 sq. ft. per store. Offering an exciting and spacious shopping enviroment with a variety of merchandise, Forever XXI embraces everyone who wants the latest styles at a great value."

Then it provides this link "to get a preview of this exciting new shopping experience."

Forever XXI

Edited by gmariam

I was at the Grand re-opening of Park Plaza today. At the ribbon cutting cermony the announcement was unfortunately one that was pretty much all ready reported here. They announced that the new retailer was going to be "XXI" (I think leaving off the forever). He said it will be ~25,000 (about the size of all the Gap stores) and it will open in the fall of next year.

I went out to Forever 21 and found this......

" What is the difference between Forever 21 and Forever XXI?

Forever 21 offers the latest fashions at a great value to our customers. Thanks to the popularity of Forever 21, not only with young shoppers but also shoppers who are young at heart, Forever 21 has been able to create it's flagship stores, Fovever XXI, which occupy an average of 24,000 sq. ft. per store. Offering an exciting and spacious shopping enviroment with a variety of merchandise, Forever XXI embraces everyone who wants the latest styles at a great value."

Then it provides this link "to get a preview of this exciting new shopping experience."

Forever XXI

Whoop-dee-freakin-doo.