Park Plaza Mall

It's a respectable tenant. There's one in Northpark Mall in Dallas, which is the best mall in the Metroplex after its expansion and renovation. You won't find Payless in that mall.

Yeah, I just threw out that wise-crack. I personally hadn't heard of them and can think of about 10 other tenants that would seem more appealing - at least to me. But hey, after checking out their website - it looks pretty cool.

Yeah, I just threw out that wise-crack. I personally hadn't heard of them and can think of about 10 other tenants that would seem more appealing - at least to me. But hey, after checking out their website - it looks pretty cool.

My wife shops at the ones in Dallas frequently. Forever 21/XXI and Charlotte Russe were probably the two most conspicuously absent women's retailers. Much nicer malls than Park Plaza have them.

Now, it's not Anthropologie, but it's not much less trendy. We'll see one of those in LR soon enough, I'd wager.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im not sure if i missed this somewhere but i was looking at the Arkanas Plumbing review site and i noticed that Wet Seal was approved for Park Plaza space #3008 i believe thats the old Bombay/Brookstone space. I just thought this was worth mentioning because my wife complains all the time about the lack of a Wet Seal in LR. I also called the mall and did confirm this.

Im not sure if i missed this somewhere but i was looking at the Arkanas Plumbing review site and i noticed that Wet Seal was approved for Park Plaza space #3008 i believe thats the old Bombay/Brookstone space. I just thought this was worth mentioning because my wife complains all the time about the lack of a Wet Seal in LR. I also called the mall and did confirm this.

I've heard of it, but don't know much about it. Is this a high-end tenant, or just a mid-tier tenant that surprisingly wasn't here?

This actually was a former tenant that was on the 2nd floor across from abercrombie and fitch. lane bryant occupies that space now. This store actually closed very suddenly last year. I was the manager of Journeys at the time and i remember they found out on a friday and they had to be out of the space by sunday. i guess they came up with a better lease agreement with the mall. i think theres only 2 or 3 non-food spaces left in the mall so hopefully well get some tenants weve actually Not had before. oh to asnwer your question its probably considered Mid-tier, they have a higher end store called Arden B. that i think has been confirmed for Pinnacle Promenade.

• 1 month later...

I was really impressed with the new interiors and exteriors of the mall. It's not quite finished but will be soon enough. It's easily the trendiest mall in the state again.

I do wish Dillard's would work on their facades on their two stores there. It just seems like they should keep up with what the mall owners are doing.

I really like the new exteriors, color scheme and textures also. It reminds me of a mall you might see somewhere in central or south Florida. It just needs a few palm trees. :D

I thought the same thing.

They used to have a few windmill palms over by the Dillard's on the west end. Not sure if they are still there or what happened.

You can grow certain palms pretty easily in central Arkansas if you want, it just hasn't become as common as it is in Dallas yet. I saw some in front of a restaurant in Texarkana not long ago. There are a few houses in West LR landscaped with cold-hardy palms.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

It is going to replace the location occupied by The Walking Company, it is going to open on Feb. 26th. It will be one of their mid tier stores because the company seems to believe their isnt that much money here, although i tried to tell them otherwise. they are also considering a location at Chenal and possibly McCain, more likely North Hills. they want to have 2 or 3 stores in the metro. avg price points are $80 up to $500. LR store will prob. top out around $250

• 2 weeks later...

Georgiou is closing its Park Plaza store by January 30, and is selling all inventory and fixtures. The store went in shortly after the exit of Petite Sophisticate (along with Casual Corner across the street from the mall).

Also, Back Yard Burgers is now open in the food court, near but not next to Chick-Fil-A.

Edited by ArkansasTraveler

Georgiou is closing its Park Plaza store by January 30, and is selling all inventory and fixtures. The store went in shortly after the exit of Petite Sophisticate (along with Casual Corner across the street from the mall).

Also, Back Yard Burgers is now open in the food court, near but not next to Chick-Fil-A.

I am not overly familiar with Georgiou. How upscale is it and is the whole chain having problems or is Park Plaza simply underperforming?

Georgiou Studio is contemporary business-oriented women's apparel and accessories, around the same quality level as Petite Sophisticate/Casual Corner/August Max Woman and The Limited. The company overall doesn't seem to be doing badly; the St. Louis metro area is slated to add a store this year to the higher-end West County Center.

what is the website for the Arkansas Plumbing review site?