Macy's to The Mall @ Green Hills

smeagolsfree

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah - federated doesn't have enough money to give all of the stores they just bought a face-lift. So, you can expect that the area Hecht's stores will keep their current design for a while. Bloomingdales would have been a far better choice for Green Hills. I guess they'll just have to live and learn. Macy's doesn't have the same cache that it used to have.

I hope they do it up right. Not just a canned version, but a bit more flashy and cutting edge than say their stores in Rivergate and other places. It is Green Hills ya know.

The Hecht's at Green Hills is already different (different brands) from the other Nashville-area stores so I'd assume it will stay that way as Macy's.

Nah - federated doesn't have enough money to give all of the stores they just bought a face-lift. So, you can expect that the area Hecht's stores will keep their current design for a while. Bloomingdales would have been a far better choice for Green Hills. I guess they'll just have to live and learn. Macy's doesn't have the same cache that it used to have.

I'm guessing Green Hills probably didn't have much say in the decision, but I agree, Bloomie's would've been a better match.

Well if they were looking at the bottom lines of Hecht's then I can see why they chose to convert it to a Macy's. Hecht's product assortment was geared more to that of Cool Springs/Rivergate than Green Hills so it makes sense as to why that store may not have had stellar figures. You couldn't even buy a real suit there. Doesn't take a big brain to figure out that Hecht's had no idea what they were doing (the same can be said of Proffitt's when they were there). There was simply nothing spectacular about the store.

That seems a bit odd. Charlotte is not very close at 420 miles from Nashville. To illustrate, that's the exact same distance to Charleston, WV. Chicago is only 50 miles further from Nashville than Charlotte. Columbus, OH at only 280, Atlanta at 250, St. Louis at 320, Indianapolis at 280.

I would certainly hate to think that a place that's only a hundred miles closer to Nashville than Detroit would affect what we can have or can't have in the future.

I dunno, but the "too close" thing just doesn't seem to make much sense.

Of course, if I wanted to drive to a Bloomies, I'd certainly choose the closer one, that would be Atlanta.

I had my first tour of the expansion at the Mall @ Green Hills yesterday. There is still a lot of room to add a large anchor to that mall on the west side in between the parking garages. There is a good size parking lot there and it would be very easy to add on. Maybe there will be a Macy's and a Bloomingdale's.

Apparently there will be a Macy's, as all the Hechts in town will be rebadged. (IMO) Federated will probably take a wait-and-see approach on Bloomies.

As far as one Bloomies being too close to another, that's an absurd notion. Based on what I know of the Green Hills market, it will probably get a Neiman's fairly soon. They announced a couple of years ago that they wanted to grow by moving into smaller markets. They've started doing that already.

The last time I went into the Mall at GH, it still needed a bit more to it before the big-time anchors will be inclined to move in. I think it's on the way though with LV, Tiffany and Gucci. It's just a matter of time (1-4 years).

Also, I'd expect Nordstrom to head to Cool Springs around the same time. It's a younger and more nouveau demographic than SFA or Neimans.

Finally, a lot of people here talk about Crate and Barrel going downtown. I met a sister-in-law of a friend of mine. The woman is a VP of Marketing at C&B in Chicago. Anyway, she said that they're going to go into one of the malls. I guessed GH, and she just smiled and kept her mouth closed.

• 3 weeks later...

Temeteron,

The signage [covering the store opening] has been up for a while. I'd say since December 2005. The store is planning to open in March. If you walk around the Mall @GH, you'll see some vacant spaces covered up by the mall's logo background. It makes you wonder what's really in store? I've heard that the mall is going to get an Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie, but both of these stores new larger spaces.

Since when was Sephora coming soon? I just heard about that today

• 5 months later...

Temeteron,

The signage [covering the store opening] has been up for a while. I'd say since December 2005. The store is planning to open in March. If you walk around the Mall @GH, you'll see some vacant spaces covered up by the mall's logo background. It makes you wonder what's really in store? I've heard that the mall is going to get an Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie, but both of these stores new larger spaces.

Does anyone know if Macy's merchandise and advertising has made its way to Hecht's @ the Mall @ Green Hills? I was strolling through HHM today on my way to get a haircut and noticed that the Macy's signs are up except they are covered by Hecht's tarps. You can actually see right through them. Throughout the store there are Macy's ads. Moreover, if you visit Hechts.com you'll be referred to Macys.com.

I had lunch with a friend in Green Hills today and noticed that the signs for Hecht's are still intact on the outside. Just curious as to why they haven't changed them yet??

Does anyone know if Macy's merchandise and advertising has made its way to Hecht's @ the Mall @ Green Hills? I was strolling through HHM today on my way to get a haircut and noticed that the Macy's signs are up except they are covered by Hecht's tarps. You can actually see right through them. Throughout the store there are Macy's ads. Moreover, if you visit Hechts.com you'll be referred to Macys.com.

I had lunch with a friend in Green Hills today and noticed that the signs for Hecht's are still intact on the outside. Just curious as to why they haven't changed them yet??

I haven't been to Green Hills, but substantially all the former May Company stores are getting new Federated merchandise and internal signage every day. The exterior sign project is taking a while because replacing exterior signs on over 300 stores (at an average of 5 signs apiece) is a major task.

Expect to see the Hecht's signs come down within the next month or so.

Yeah - that's the official word. I wouldn't get too excited though. All your going to see that is different is that the Hecht's store brands will be replaced with Macy's store brands.

When they made the switch here in Memphis from Goldsmith's to Macy's there was a small parade with big balloons (like the ones they have in the Thanksgiving Day Parade) and fireworks.

Archived