Which NWA city will become landlocked or reach

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maximum buildout first? I think Rogers will become landlocked first since Little Flock borders it to the north, Lowell to the south, Bentonville to the west and Beaver Lake to the east. What do you guys think?

It's a bit hard to say. All of them have potential to get run out of land. You may not always see it just looking on a map. But some of those smaller towns have annexed a lot of land along with the larger NWA cities. But I think all the cities have land that's undeveloped. I think there's still plenty of land for everyone. And if a city does run out then I guess maybe it will finally help get NWA to start building upwards more than outward. Either that or cities will continue to annex towns.

maximum buildout first? I think Rogers will become landlocked first since Little Flock borders it to the north, Lowell to the south, Bentonville to the west and Beaver Lake to the east. What do you guys think?

You bring up a good point, but something to consider is that in order for any cities in Northwest Arkansas to become landlocked they would have to at least break 100,000 population which to my estimates won't happen for nearly two decades. So, I don't see the need to worry too much about it. Although, if other cities here would follow Bentonville's SmartGrowth approach to planning for their city's future we may never see any of the cities here become landlocked.

Rogers has land still to the southwest that neither Centerton, Cave Springs, or any other city has claimed. Plus, Rogers can always merge with Little Flock and or Cave Springs and Lowell. It will be quite a while before this happens, but Rogers is still in a bit of a pickle when it comes to land. That's why Rogers will be the city in Benton County to build up and not out.

Archived