Riverdale

skirby

Here are some photos of Riverdale. Located just upstream from downtown. It is home to Altell.

20060209jan1100121xx.jpg

Winrock International.

20060209jan1100094ap.jpg

Some of the condo and apartment midrises in the area.

20060209jan1100149st.jpg

20060209jan1100150rz.jpg

Rivercliff is a three building complex six and seven stories high.

20060209jan1100162bw.jpg

TreeTops is a 10 story building.

20060209jan1100172em.jpg

Noticed this sign today just east of the Winrock building.

20060209jan1100113cd.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great stuff. I've been meaning to wander around that area for some time.

I haven't heard of the River Tower. Where is that sign at? I wonder how new it is or what it's status is.

They're just breaking ground on it, aren't they? There was a lot of opposition because of the shadow it will cause and it will block some views of the river bluffs.

Treetops is a nice condo high rise but it's quite expensive, too much for me.

They're just breaking ground on it, aren't they? There was a lot of opposition because of the shadow it will cause and it will block some views of the river bluffs.

Treetops is a nice condo high rise but it's quite expensive, too much for me.

There was some survey work being done on the site today.

Thanks for the pics Skirby. It's nice to see some pics of an area of Little Rock I haven't been to yet.

If you go check out the retail and restaurants between the bottom of Cantrell hill and Rebsamen Park Rd. Not pictured were a number of older apartments off Rebsamen and new apartments condos and homes along Riverfront. There are also a number of other low rise office buildings along Riverfront and Cottondale. Rebsamen Park Rd. goes to a golf course, park and ends at the bridge.

Is the River Tower suppose to be upscale condos or what?

I haven't heard any info on this project, and now it suddenly excites me. :D

River Tower will be condos. The rendering shows a building about 12 floors. When it was first proposed I think it was to be around 18 floors. Does anyone remember something about this?

River Tower will be condos. The rendering shows a building about 12 floors. When it was first proposed I think it was to be around 18 floors. Does anyone remember something about this?

Yeah, last I heard it was 18 but that sketch was smaller than that. Counting what seems like an observation deck at the top, I came up with 14 or so.

Yes, of course they are. You can clearly see it in the drawings.

A fence over the top....completely enclosing the bridge?

No there's not. You clearly can't see one in the drawings.

bigger rendering:

BridgeDrawing.jpg

I just read at the bicycle advocacy website that it will be the biggest of its kind in the world.

I just read at the bicycle advocacy website that it will be the biggest of its kind in the world.

Thanks for the info Johnny, that's interesting to find out.

bigger rendering:

BridgeDrawing.jpg

I could tell there was a fence but not whether it went the entire length. You're right, it doesn't cross the entire length of the bridge. I hope they correct that or that will mean a big lawsuit for the city in the future, as Mith pointed out.

Now if you really mean a fence over the top making it a complete enclosure, that would make the structure pretty ugly, I wouldn't support that. That railing is very similar to the railing used on bike bridge in Dallas, KC, and other cities.

Now if you really mean a fence over the top making it a complete enclosure, that would make the structure pretty ugly, I wouldn't support that. That railing is very similar to the railing used on bike bridge in Dallas, KC, and other cities.

Right, I was talking about over the top.

They often have them over pedestrian bridges over highways for obvious reasons. I was wondering if they'd do they same thing for this one.

They often have them over pedestrian bridges over highways for obvious reasons. I was wondering if they'd do they same thing for this one.

I don't see a need for a fence. You can walk across the Main St. and Broadway bridges in LR and they don't have fences.

The chain-link enclosed fences on pedestrian bridges over LR interstates are kind of fugly, IMO. FWIW, they have built a couple of bridges across White Rock Lake in Dallas recently with the exact same type of railing as in that illustration.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Last week there was a land transfer to River Tower LLC for property located in Riverdale. The value was $1.4 million. River Tower is the name of a condo project to be built in Riverdale.

Thanks for the update skirby. Any ideas how many floors the River Tower will be out of curiousity?

Archived