Argonaut Renovation

wolverine

Anybody seen any work done on this lately. It's been a long time since I've driven past that place. I checked the websites of both the developers involved with that project but they only tell plans for the building and nothing really about the current progress.

Wasn't work to begin right after GM sold the building?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That website used to be so outdated and sparse it wasn't even funny. If I remember correctly, the only thing that was half kept up to date was the newsletter.

New Center has always been my downtown. We lived just northwest of the New Center, and my parents would take us to New Center more often than downtown (it was more intact). I've always imagined the city eventually "completing" New Center, but with a different focus as not so much an office center as a residential center. Detroit won't be able to support two downtowns (office centers) for quite some time. I'd love to see tons of residential mid-rises filling into the gaps in New Center.

Archived