Moonville

GSP Tiger

Just thinking about the Southern Connector, Moonville comes to mind. This is southern Greenville County's last growth booms about to go off. I wonder what is happening there lately.

I know Woodmont High has relocated to a new campus at Reedy Fork and West Georgia Roads.

Is there anything retail wise? I heard Ingle's has some recent consideration building a new replacement store not far away.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ingle's has been planning to build a new store there for several years, but I think the time is near for plans to become more a reality.

Other than that, I know of no other retail planning or looking to locate in Moonville. I know it is a great location, and indeed one of the new hotspots for growth, but things are moving slowly at present. Donaldson Industrial Air Center may play a large role in the development of this area, as may The Matrix. Someday, we may not even recognize it! :)

Ingle's has been planning to build a new store there for several years, but I think the time is near for plans to become more a reality.

Agreed. Making an observation, that Ingle's is currently the oldest active store in Greenville County, possibly the second oldest if you also count the Sav-Mor Food & Dollar store on Wade Hampton Boulevard.

I am also aware Bi-Lo has/had plans for a new store on the northern side of I-185 at US-25 and Old Grove Road. There was a "Bi-Lo Food & Pharmacy coming soon" sign in front of its intended property circa 2002. It was removed when the new four lane road was built.

Other than that, I know of no other retail planning or looking to locate in Moonville. I know it is a great location, and indeed one of the new hotspots for growth, but things are moving slowly at present. Donaldson Industrial Air Center may play a large role in the development of this area, as may The Matrix. Someday, we may not even recognize it! :)

If Moonville can boom with several upscale residential developments, hopefully it will bring in more sit-down eateries. The area is served by a Clock, McDonald's and Burger King already.

Could Donaldson be after another aircraft manufacturing firm?

Archived