Werthan Mills Developer to add new 65-unit building

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's cool that there are some (all?) rental units. That's something that's gotta be there for a big downtown area population. And that's cheaper than what I pay out here in Brentioch. Probably for a quarter of the square feet though. I would gladly sacrifice space for a cool place close to downtown.

• 1 month later...

Wow! Another 100 units....285 in all! I had no idea how big a project this has become. It's almost as big in housing units as the Viridian (305) for Christ's sake! The number of residents in the Nashville area is definitely exploding. Earlier I was thinking that the downtown population could hit 10,000 by 2010. Now I'm beginning to think that estimate is too low! I've maintained all along that this is truly a great thing for the future of the city.

• 1 year later...

Werthan Mills

So is this building the actual phase 4? If so, it will be great to finally see this empty shell full of life. I'm sure these will sell out easily, the whole complex is quite beautiful or maybe just lovely (don't want to raise the ire of Newtowner through careless use of adjectives), and Germantown is hot, hot, hot!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

An article from the NBJ today. The 4th phase of this project has the funding to finish up and Phase 5 is about halfway funded now. This is in my opinion the best reuse project in Nashville. It has kept the integrity of most of the building in place and is creating a new neighborhood in German town. I just wish we had more old factory building to convert to residential space in the DT area.

http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville.../03/story3.html

Archived