Goler Heights

triadguy37

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they will be successful too.

Exactly what time were you at the big event last Thursday? I arrived around 5:00. I was suprised that most of the people that were there when I arrived were should I say more mature. Most of the people were between 30 and 60+. I was expecting a more younger crowd. What was the average age demographic you observed?

Exactly what time were you at the big event last Thursday? I arrived around 5:00. I was suprised that most of the people that were there when I arrived were should I say more mature. Most of the people were between 30 and 60+. I was expecting a more younger crowd. What was the average age demographic you observed?

We arrived around 5:45 i think. Now that i think about it, i saw the same age demographic you did, a lot of mature people. there was a noticable group in their ealry to mid 30's though. i guess the "mature" people have the money to lay out for "the gallery living".

• 2 weeks later...

Goler Memorial to break ground on new center

excerpt from the Winston-Salem Chronicle:

Goler Memorial AME Zion Church will hold a groundbreaking ceremony Sunday at 3 p.m. for a 15,000-square-foot Family Education and Enrichment Center at Patterson Avenue and Sixth Street. The center is one of the many new and restored structures that will be part of a mass revitalization of the Goler-Depot area by a community development corporation that evolved from the church.

The $2.5 million facility will house before- and after-school programs for students. There will also be programs for seniors at the center, the Rev. Seth O. Lartey, pastor of Goler Memorial, said. The center will also house church offices.

The Right Rev. George W.C. Walker, senior presiding bishop of the AME Zion Church and resident bishop of the Piedmont Episcopal area, will officiate at the groundbreaking.

Charlotte architect Harvey Gantt, whose firm designed the structure, is among the guests scheduled to attend. Gantt is the former mayor of Charlotte who ran two spirited but unsuccessful campaigns for the U.S. Senate in the 1990s.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard how sales are going for The Gallery? They were giving their charter club members (those who had registered at their website before January 16, 2006) until February 15 to purchase a loft with incentives such as 42" plasma tv, personal parking space under building, and customization of your loft. They were needing to presale around 40 of these lofts before they could start construction on the building. The construction process is going to take around 18 months before the building is complete with a total of 77 lofts. I also noticed that each loft model is now listed on MLS. I was originally thinking about purchasing one of these lofts but decided that I like the location of West End Village better. I do hope that they are able to presale 40 of these so they can start the process soon. It was my understanding that they (Landex Corporation) are going to have a model setup in April.

This project reminds me of the Victor Lofts in Camden, NJ. Both are in similar styled, similar sized buildings, both are among the first of that type in their market. Both are trying to breathe new life into a long dormant downtown, and both are surrounded by the mistakes of past urban renewal, specifically vast parking lots. The Victor opened 2 years ago and sold well but as far as I know the area in Downtown Camden has not changed significantly. I guess the same can be expected of DT W-S. Hopefully in W-S (and Camden too!) we'll see a number of projects/developments that combine to create a critical mass, or enough to push things over the edge.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Goler Manor

golermanor.jpg

200,000 sf, 6-7 storys

It may only be a rendering but somehow the facade style looks very similar to other downtown buildings. Nothing really there to make it stand out from the surrounding buildings. They could have been a bit bolder and innovative without clashing with the Church and the Gallery Loft development.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived