Books-a-Million in Spartanburg

GSP Tiger

As Spartan mentioned in another thread, Books-a-Million is looking to open a store in Spartanburg. This would be their third upstate area store. (BAM currently has locations in Greenville and Anderson.)

Book retail chain interested in Spartanburg

Spartanburg Herald-Journal (SC)

Another book retail chain would be great for Spartanburg. I think the Hillcrest area could use it more because of its resurgence in recent years and no one is over there yet.

Does anyone think Borders is around the corner?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem with our colleges is that there is not a good central location for things like this. Wofford, Converse, USCS, and SMC are all scattered around. Downtown would be the logical location, but I don't see a Book store like this coming to downtown (though that could be cool).

I think that the city has intentionally kept booksellers out of the eastside because of Pic-a-Book. I don't know why they haven't looked at some sites on the westside before now. I can think of at least two right off hand that would be good- the old Pier 1/Winn-DIxie in the Circuit City shopping center or the other half of the former westside walmart.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived