Changes at 50 Monroe?

GRDadof3

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Josh. :)

Right. It's a slimmed down version of the Embassy Suites portion of River East Center by DeStefano. On the left is Cesar Pelli's Plaza Tower.

Cent:

That Cesar Pelli tower is what I'm talking about whenever we need to meld old and new. A tower like that would give GR a Boston-meets-333 Wacker Drive vibe. GOOD SH__ !!

-Metrogrkid

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that the lot that Greg Gilmore would like at appx. 20 Monroe (between the BOB and TGIF) that he has an option now would like to be bought outright by the new owners of 50 Monroe for an EXPANSION of 50 Monroe. Here's what the Business Journal had to say:

"Meanwhile, who will actually buy a city-owned parking lot on Monroe Avenue just north of Fulton Street, situated between 50 Monroe Place and The BOB, may be left up to the parties that want to purchase it.

The Gilmore Collection, doing business as 20 Monroe Avenue, has agreed to a three-year option on the 31,345-square-foot lot that stretches north and east of The BOB, the firm

I wonder if this is where they are planning on putting the rumored tower, not on the parking lot north of 50 Monroe Place.

I thought the exact same thing when i read it yesterday. I wonder if the 50 monroe lot is too small for what they would like to build.

If I had my last two dollars, this is what I would lay my bet on:

- They need BOTH lots

- Either the BOB lot or the other lot will contain some kind of parking garage (either on the ground floor levels of a tower or standalone) to replace the lost parking spots and accommodate new tenants

- Another forumer here mentioned to me that the "footprint" of the new 50 Monroe building was going to be a lot larger than the existing building, but I didn't know about the BOB lot. Now it makes more sense.

When did GR become so exciting. :blink:

I can't remember how tall the ceiling height is for a normal class-a office tower? Anyone care to elaborate for me?

I want to say it averages out to about 18'/floor on most low-rise office buildings once you include a two-story lobby and rooftop mechanicals (when I ran through a couple of buildings on Emporis). Are you trying to build them in your renderings?

FYI: My "source" (yeah, I know that you would like more than that; sorry) says to watch for a major announcement in the coming weeks. There is more riding on all of the deals going on in that block than I knew before. Once some of the questions are answered, then they will announce. From what I hear, it is going to be BIG news.

Archived