Changes at 50 Monroe?

GRDadof3

FYI: My "source" (yeah, I know that you would like more than that; sorry) says to watch for a major announcement in the coming weeks. There is more riding on all of the deals going on in that block than I knew before. Once some of the questions are answered, then they will announce. From what I hear, it is going to be BIG news.

hmmm.........

any guesses now?

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be a great birthday present in a few weeks. I still wonder about this "conservative" estimate you are talking about Yankee Fan... I think BIG means a few different things for UP folks. BIG for me is building a 10 story mixuse builkding while landing a company headquarters. While some may see it quite different.

Here's the strange part. If it were going to be taller than 15 - 18 floors, that would require the relocation of some heavy office users. How could this not have been leaked by now (who the tenants will be), unless it was a company not in this area now?

It sounds like the parking lot issue with Greg Gilmore is going to force them to come out of the closet into "open" meeting visibility. :whistling:

GR Dad- there you go. Like I have been saying, I cannot really post very much more than I already have. But remember, a company outside the area just bought a certain white building, wants to do some "overhaul" on that building, both inside and out. We all know that Macatawa does not have enough people to fill a big building. But, what if they simply want their name in the skyline. What if... just for kicks, there is a larger party or parties involved...that are in planning with Macatawa.

Okay, I am borderline now so I will stop there. But, please, someone please add to this if you can. It is going to be great and I hate holding out, but I have to.

GR Dad- there you go. Like I have been saying, I cannot really post very much more than I already have. But remember, a company outside the area just bought a certain white building, wants to do some "overhaul" on that building, both inside and out. We all know that Macatawa does not have enough people to fill a big building. But, what if they simply want their name in the skyline. What if... just for kicks, there is a larger party or parties involved...that are in planning with Macatawa.

Okay, I am borderline now so I will stop there. But, please, someone please add to this if you can. It is going to be great and I hate holding out, but I have to.

I guess we'll have to wait a couple more weeks :( I know the feeling YankeeFan, I am privy to certain "goings-on" around downtown, and I can't tell anyone but my wife, and she doesn't really care. :P She's not a construction nerd, dork, geek like me :) Believe me, as soon as I can, I'll let people know (not the 50 Monroe, but other things).

This is very exciting though, now matter how tall it ends up being. :thumbsup:

Holy crap! I think I just figured it out. It's funny how all the pieces are sitting there staring you in the face. hint hint. If anyone wants to play along, just go back and re-read any and all articles related to this story. :whistling:

And you might be onto something there too BigPlayJ. :thumbsup:

Mill Steel:

-2002 revenue: 150 million

- Selected as Top company to work for in West Michigan

-# of employees: 150

http://www.millsteel.com

Lean Logistics:

-a privately run corp with headquarters in Holland, Michigan

-Selected as one of Michigan 50 Companies to Watch

-A few brands under managment:

Vicks, MaXfactor, Olay, Luvs, Dove...

http://www.leanlogistics.com/company_overview.html

• 2 weeks later...

So it has been a couple of weeks. Are we going to hear an announcement on this soon or has the riverfront project stole all its thunder and we'll have to wait 'til that project fades a bit to hear anything?

Anyone have new news?

Joe

maybe the riverfront was the big announcement???

that's exciting, what does that mean for ignorant folks like me?

There hasnt been an announcement on anything yet right?

Sorry,

This area of town is notarious for ground conditions that can cause excavating and foundations to be very expensive. I suspect the borings are being done to take some of the "unkown" out it, perhaps to firm up foundation costs.

No announcements that I am aware of.

that's exciting, what does that mean for ignorant folks like me?

There hasnt been an announcement on anything yet right?

Jeez MJLO, do you really think we'd miss an announcement for something like this?? :P

hahaha NO I don't think anyone would. Thats why I wondered what it was all about. I guess I just figured, they'd make an announcement before doing that kind of investigative work. I say this, because it seems that's what's happening with all the other projects in town. Big announcements, and then nothin!

How is this more exciting? Its seems that the project will be on par with tall house and other 10 story buildings... Nothing to get excited about except maby a few :yahoo:s and your done. I'm missing something, correct?

Archived