Favorite Development News Sources

goodbye

Favorite Development News Sources  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you rely on most for local info updates?

• The Greenville News
    • Greenville Journal
    • GSABusiness
    • WYFF 4
    • FOX Carolina, WHNS 21
    • WSPA 7
    • WLOS 13
    • UrbanPlanet.org
    • Other (please tell!)
  2. 2. Do our media options need improvement?

• Yes, totally!
    • Yes, a fair amount.
    • Yes, slightly.
    • No, they're fine.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One other thing I have to commend WYFF 4 on is the great Sky4 shots of downtown. They don't take the place of a downtown background on the set, but I truly love the sight. :shades: I wish WSPA 7 would send Air7 over to Greenville for a few nice downtown shots once in a while, since the chopper is actually based at the Greenville Downtown Airport. They just don't get it. Their daybreak shots are very typically of some dark spot along I-85 in Spartanburg County. Spartanburg is still asleep when Greenville is wide awake early in the morning (metaphorically speaking).

Major kudos go to WYFF News 4 for their efforts to improve and broadcast the news and information we want to hear. Just this evening alone were these stories:
  • Ballpark and Drive advertising campaign

• McBee Station

• Smoke-free downtown Greenville

• Palmetto International Expo Center renovation video

Hats off to the Upstate's best TV news station! :D

I saw two of those four stories this morning while watching WYFF. Plus they did a piece on the apartment upgrades at the senior towers on West Washington (sorry, the name escapes me at this instant).

It was cool, bam, bam, bam. 3 Greenville development stories in a row. :thumbsup:

Welcome to UrbanPlanet.org, LuvSC! Great to have you join the exciting Greenville discussions! :D I figured it was only a matter of time before someone would mention The Greenville News. They have really improved recently, covering important development news and information all over the City. :thumbsup:

Hello all.

I'm going to break with the party line here and add a contrarian view. The Greenville News is clearly the best source of development news in Greenville.

Welcome aboard, LuvSC! I agree that the Greenville News has gotten much better recently at reporting on development stories; however, there do still appear to be times where they're either out of the loop or don't deem something important enough to write about...not sure which. I'm hopeful that things will continue to improve as more and more people take interest in seeing our community develop.

Well, The Greenville News is certainly not perfect.

But it seems to me I read about the big developments in there before anywhere else.

Look back at the discussions in this forum and you'll see the conversations about major developments beginning when someone posts a link to The Greenville News.

The latest, example, of course, is Project Pogo.

Archived