MYSTERY PROJECT!

upstate29650

Look into your crystal balls people (NOT down there! Get your minds out of the gutter!! :rofl: )

Make your predictions as to the next big thing to happen in SC. Don't use current projections or news releases...but you can extrapolate ideas from them if you wish (projects that may "shoot off" from ICAR, Noisette or Innovista, for example).

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see a new mixed-use highrise complex in downtown Greenville resulting from the efforts of the City to attract businesses and headquarters into the solid urban core. The best quality of life and the latest in amenities make this a great choice for local, regional, national, and international companies. Main Street continues to spread its vibrancy out beyond just a few blocks east and west. The numerous street-level improvements create the perfect trigger for an explosion of new residential, retail, and entertainment migration downtown. :D

I suggested this half-jokingly in the Chas forum: Trump ought to take part in the Noisette and Magnolia urban revelopment projects! :) With all the money he has, he could even build the proposed monobeam from DT to the airport.

My prediction is that Trump will build the tallest tower in SC in Myrtle Beach and a tall hotel tower (300-400 feet) in Chas. The one in Chas will be part of Magnolia with proximity to the proposed upscale urban shopping center. In addition, there will be additional office towers built for corporate locations of health care organizations and bio-tech industries.

Trump will be attracted to many different aspects of SC with cheaper real estate and becoming a premier attraction in the South.

Well we all have been fooled into thinking the "next big thing to happen in SC" was going to be the announcement of a new building. The slate is now clean once again, as yesterday's announcement about the USPRO Cycling Tournament moving to Greenville sent shockwaves into the furthest corners of the state. Although not a "project" in the building sense, this event will have greater impact on Greenville and the rest of the state than anything I could have imagined would be next on the list. :shades:

• 9 months later...

I posted this in the Greenville rumor mill thread, but thought it would fit here as well...

Everyone hold onto your hats and take a seat. This rumor is by far the most awesome yet! :yahoo:

Rolls-Royce is looking at several locations in Southern states for its new global center. South Carolina is one of the states on the list. I have heard that CU-ICAR or Millennium Campus in Greenville would be the most logical choices in this state for them to locate and could give us a lift over the other locations. This is in no way a final deal, but it sure does sound phenomenal! The company does far more than just build luxury cars. :w00t:

Well not really.....if you look at aviation, Charleston does have the new Beoing Dreamliner fuselage, but Greenville has GE building engine turbines for planes (in addition to water / wind turbines for power plants) and also Lockheed with their huge airplane overhaul facility that focuses on government / military contracts. Between both Charleston and Greenville an aviation cluster is definitely started. :thumbsup:

Either way, if this comes to the state, it will be a plus for us all! :thumbsup:

Archived