MYSTERY PROJECT!

upstate29650

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just for some clarification, Vought and Alenia are two different companies that teamed together and formed the company Global Aeronautica which will oversee one of the facilities in Charleston, the Integration facility. The other facility is owned by Vought and used to construct fuselage components. Alenia will fly in components built in italy. The different parts from Vought and Alenia will be assembled and painted in the Integration facility.

The next big mystery project could be coming sooner rather than later. This was posted in the Greenville Journal Contents thread, but it deserves to be posted here, too. This was in the To Be Announced section of the Greenville Journal this week... :yahoo:

"Big announcemennts could be on the way from the Clemson automotive research campus in Gville. The campus may soon have to expand in size and exercise its land options for the park..."

To me, it sounds like these companies would be new tenants for ICAR and different from, say, BMW landing in SC with a full manufacturing facility. Just as good IMO (maybe even better in some ways), but still connected to ICAR, so I see this as part of that overall development. Now if an entire company decided to relocate its HQ's to the campus, with full operations occurring there, that would definitely qualify as a "next big thing" (and that is conceivable). At any rate, ICAR seems to have been plowing full-steam ahead, and that's definitely a good thing.

Do these research campuses give incentives for companies (out-of-state) to set up some operation there? I never even thought about it until now.

• 4 months later...

^^^Just got this back from one of the Greenville Couny Council members I emailed earlier today involving this project:

This is one of the biggest projects that we have seen in a long time. It involves three projects in one. There could be a large HQ here. Still a lot of speculation about the project. -Judy Gilstrap

Archived