Toyota in West Michigan?

GaryP

I keep hearing that they are considering the Kalamazoo/Battle Creek area for the engine plant from professors at school. There is a trade zone at near fort custer between the cities off I-94 that would be an ideal location, also the revamped midlink business park at I94 and sprinkle in SE kalamazoo where the old GM plant was is another good location

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I keep hearing that they are considering the Kalamazoo/Battle Creek area for the engine plant from professors at school. There is a trade zone at near fort custer between the cities off I-94 that would be an ideal location, also the revamped midlink business park at I94 and sprinkle in SE kalamazoo where the old GM plant was is another good location

While I'd love to see a Toyota plant further north (old Steelcase property, old Bosch plant, Lear property, or the Delphi plants being shut down), just having them in the state will potentially be a nice windfall for autosuppliers all over the state. Not only that, but the state tax coffers will surely benefit, which helps us all!

Archived