Where are you from?

Bears

Tennessee Forum Census  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Which Grand Division do you consider yourself from/native of?

• West Tennessee
    • Middle Tennessee
    • East Tennessee
    • None. I've only visited/driven thru or just wanted to know whats going on in TN.

• 1 year later...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's complicated.   I was born in Nashville (can trace my family roots here back to the 1840's, via one branch) and have lived here a good chunk of my life: May 4th, 1984 - May 1990 and then again from October 2009-present.  Having been born here (with most of my extended family as well as my dad having never left) then having returned to live full time 19 years later I have both experiences, that of someone who is from here and also that from an outsider.  I experienced the five points and Midtown for the first time in 2010 but I have mourned the loss of Opryland Theme Park like other natives.  I am a Nashvillian but I am not jaded like someone who has lived here their whole life, nor am I as perturbed by a lot of the changes as a lot of Nashville natives.  I would never identify myself as a "Middle Tennessean".  I am a Nashvillian. 

• 5 years later...

Middle Tennessee 

Pleasant View 

I'm originally from Northern California in a small town called Marysville I was born in 84. My sister moved to Spring Hill in 04 and I followed a year later. I first lived in Nashville by the airport then lived in Brentwood.  I currently have lived in Pleasant View for the last 12 years. When I'm traveling and someone asks where I'm from I say Nashville but originally California.