Best Tennessee Newspaper

AceMentor

What is the deal with the Commercial Appeal changing formats about once every 2-3 years? I like the changes for the most part, but some are getting to be more frequent. I think there were about 3 changes to the suburban sections over the past year until they got to their current format. Also, as much as some of her articles get me mad, I'M SO GLAD WENDI C. THOMAS IS BACK AT THE CA!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the deal with the Commercial Appeal changing formats about once every 2-3 years? I like the changes for the most part, but some are getting to be more frequent. I think there were about 3 changes to the suburban sections over the past year until they got to their current format. Also, as much as some of her articles get me mad, I'M SO GLAD WENDI C. THOMAS IS BACK AT THE CA!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Neighborhood reporting", if that's the correct term, is style du jour of newspapers nowadays. It means getting feedback and so on directly from area residents, among other things. Print papers are all sliding in circulation so they always try to come up with a different angle.

Hankster, glad to see another Tech fan here. I grew up living and dying (ala 1994) with Tech. You think Tech get's bad coverage in chattanooga, you should read the AJC! I have accepted the vols as my new home team (as Vandy has way too many tree-hugging liberals), thus the name Rocky Top-Buzz

I read the Tennessean online daily as well as NCP just so I know what's going on. One day I was reading an opinion and emailed the author, Jim Mashek, and here is the loving response I got back:

"But you remind me of some of my right wing friends who holler in the wind at any suggestion that W is on the wrong track (polls suggest our countrymen think he is) or that Republicans have some wrong headed views.

No more exchanges. Too bad the Banner isn't still publishing o you could send Republican rants to them"

(No, I didn't add the gramatical erros. This are the same dumb mistakes that came to me straight from the author who writes for a major newspaper!)

Real good way to recruit new subscribers, eh? At that point I was actually getting a free trial subscription, but I made sure not to accept the offer of a paid subscription when it came around.

Archived