Triangle Towne Center

perrykat

• 2 months later...

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So according to recent news Nordstrom is opening up a Nordstrom Rack (outlet) across the street from Southpoint next year. I offer up a question: Do you think Saks will ever relocate their Off Fifth store that is located in the Morrisville Outlet Mall? When the store opened sometime in the mid '90's , a decade before Saks opened their full line store at TTC the outlet mall was relatively healthy but has been slowly and painfully dying for the past 10 years. Do you think there's a chance that the Saks Off Fifth may be moving to the TTC area soon to be closer to the full line store? I can't imagine it will stay attached to the 75% dead mall in Morrisville for many more years...

• 11 months later...

I recently scanned some old pics (circa Oct 2005) that I had taken, these may have been posted a while back in "picture of a picture" form but here's the actual scans:

Triangle Towne Center Hudson Belk (currently just plain ole Belk):

TTC4.jpg

TTC3.jpg

Hechts (currently Macys):

TTC6.jpg

Saks Fifth Avenue (oh why couldn't you have ended up at Crabtree somehow):

TTC5.jpg

Sears:

TTC2.jpg

your standard Dillards:

TTC1.jpg

• 8 months later...

It's so far out on Capital I usually forget it's even there...

LOL yup. Congrats on 1000 posts almost!

I actually prefer going here if I know what I need. Its easy to get in and out of and not too busy so I can fly in and out. Plus inventories are less picked over.

haha good point

• 5 months later...

City Council has approved a site plan for a new 60,000 sq ft. Toys R US/Babies R US at Poyner Place. On another note, there is large clearing that has popped up across from Poyner place in the wooded area for an apartment complex called "The Villages at Town Center." This area is really under-served for rentals, so it really fits in here IMO. It will certainly help promote the cause of making this an urban node as well.

They did indeed. They've had a Toys R US express in TTC for a couple years now in continuous operation (meaning not just during the holidays) and it has been doing pretty well from what I understand. They also have that old Babies R US further down Capital, so that relocating to where all the action is on this end of town doesn't really surprise me.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
If and when the Saks closes, will it just move to Crabtree or exit the market entirely? I have to assume that the only reason that Saks came to this mall originally is that there was no space at Crabtree, and that Saks will re-think things once its original lease term is up in 2014.

Saks chose the TTC because of a combination of it's proximity to high income areas such as Wakefield, the low rental cost, and the executives were sold on the overall feel of the mall, according to an article from the N&O from years ago, which unfortunately I can't find. The Saks at TTC last I knew has been one of the more profitable stores in the chain and had signed a lease extension into 2024, so I doubt they will be leaving anytime soon.

• 5 months later...

More news coming out of TTC:  Aeropostle to open its first Triangle location for its kid's store at TTC, Icing is getting ready to open a location there, Claire's is expanding its store by 50% and Champs sports is adding an additional 1,000 sq. ft, American Eagle is remodeling their store, and Charlie's Steakery and Little Tokyo are opeing restuarants inside the mall:

http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2013/03/18/triangle-town-center-draws.html

• 2 months later...

Archived