Do you get fuzzy feelings?

nashscan

Is there a certain neighborhood or building or area of town that gives you fuzzy feelings? I just love Centennial Park. Memories of fairs, dates, lunch breaks, lazer shows, and lazy urban afteroons come to mind. The Parthenon is just amazing also. The lake and it's fowl are a wonderful also.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess just being in the Hillsboro-Belmont-West End area does that for me. Not so much for how it is now, but how it was. I lived in the area for 18 years, back when I could walk to the Hills grocery, the Woolworth's, the drug store, the Belcourt with its first run films, Jones Pet Shop when it WAS a pet shop, now fido, Davis cookware, the Village Inn bar, the laundromat, post office, the entire area bordering Blakemore (now all hospital, Blair, and such) was like a huge park and the 440 area was undeveloped land, close enough for a bike ride. It was where I got my first apartment on my own (around 1980) and became what appeared to me a true urban creature. It's all pretty cool now, but only in the trendiest of ways...just not the same. Belmont really only had the International Mkt at the time, but you were cool if you ate there. Centennial Park fits into that time with the roads so different than they are now and so easy to reach by bicycle for me. It was a different day.

Archived