Love Circle Photos

crabbj

A few days ago I posted some pics I took in 1995 from Love Circle overlooking Nashville. I went back today and took my digital camera. It's much better to snap pics here in the winter without all the leaves on the trees obstructing the view. My camera got in pretty close, but I bet someone out there can get some really close downtown shots. Here are some of the photos taken today

A few shots facing downtown, with different zoom shots

lovecircle.JPG

lovecirzoom.JPG

A view overlooking West End

lovecirswest.JPG

A shot overlooking the Vanderbilt area

vandy.JPG

A few shots facing east along Wedgewood

facingbelmont.JPG

wedgewood.JPG

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look how high Viridian is in that second picture. Someone needs to get out take a picture of it if they could. I really like that second picture. How far away is it from DT?0

Edit: In the first pic, what is that tall crane at the right for?

I am not sure just how far away it is, but to give you an idea, Love Circle is very very close to the Westboro apartments over at Wedgewood and West End. If you take West End to Acklen and turn right you will start going up and see Love circle on the left. Lots of transmitters and stuff up there but it is a great place to see the city in all directions on a sunny day. There are a few lofts for lease just below the hill that have quite a nice view of south Nashville.

Not sure what that crane is for. I saw several from up there.

I can't see from that picture, but does anyone know how high the windows are?

If there are only 3 floors left, it should be topped out in about a month! Then, how long do you think it will be until people can move in? Another 4-5 months? Do you think we can see people living in the Viridian by the summer?

Those really are great pictures from Love Circle. I've never been up there, but what a great vantage point! Thanks for posting them. The best I can figure is that there are four more floors left to install in the Viridian plus the decorative top. I'd say it will be topped out in 4 to 5 weeks, depending on weather. It's really starting to look good!

Hello everyone!

I've been an avid reader of this forum for several months now and I always enjoy reading what everyone has to say about Nashville.

As for a picture of the Viridian cheeriokid, here is what it looked like on January 7th.

83652360_02afebab14.jpg

Here's another one:

83652846_78b9a7eb77.jpg

This one has nothing to do with the Viridian, but the sky looks so blue (it isn't photoshopped) that I had to post it.

83652661_4ea306e51b.jpg

Edit: In the first pic, what is that tall crane at the right for?

The crane to the right is for one of the research buildings at Vanderbilt. The are going up about 8 floors on the top of an existing building. I can't remember what the name of the project is because there are so many there. I know its on the development map though.

the bldg at vanderbilt is the expansion of Light Hall (primary Med School bldg) and Medical Research Building 4. direct reflection of VUMC's push for more federally-funded research. It's pretty cool -- they're building it right on top of of the existing Langford auditorium. Oh, and Love Hill is approx 3 miles from 1st and Broad--as the crow flies.

First, a question: What is the crane for beyond the Light Hall expansion? That would be somewhere near Belmont or Peabody. Is that the dorms being build at Peabody?

Next, an observation: In the first picture, it occurred to me that the skyline is being 'pulled' to the right (southwest). As the Encore, Terrazzo, Icon, and Adelicia go up, then there will be a continuous string of taller buildings that meld right into the Vandy midrises. Cool! Nashville's getting a skyline.

First, a question: What is the crane for beyond the Light Hall expansion? That would be somewhere near Belmont or Peabody. Is that the dorms being build at Peabody?

The one closest to the large crane is the Life Sciences building at Vanderbilt. The next 2 to the right are the Vanderbilt Commons dorms off 18th. The one to the far right is a new 6 story dorm at Belmont. Go to the Development map on the opening page of UP and then click on Nashville. There will be renderings for some of the projects there along with where they are according to the street maps.

Archived