News from around town

smeagolsfree

I didn't want to start a bunch of threads just to give some news on different thing I have noticed around town and thought it may be helpful to have a general thread. If you want to add to it with things you notice then this could be the place.

*West End Lofts have the 1st 2 segments of a crane in the construction area. It looks as is they will start putting that bad boy up soon.

*New sign up for 5th and Main condos. Looks as if Solomon builders are the construction company.

*Rezoning hearing on land across the street form the Garfield in Salemtown. Looks as if they are trying to rezone to RM60 I think which means a higher density of units per acre or something similar.

*Harrison Lofts land now for sale. ??? Did this get scraped 100%????

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the updates. It does sound like the Harrison Lofts have been scrapped. That's too bad. That whole area on the North side will provides hundreds of homes for Nashville one day, IMO. I guess we'll just have to wait a little bit longer for that to be reality.

Let me know when cranes go up at the Icon and Adelicia condo developments. I can't wait to hear those developments.

• 3 weeks later...

A few things going on around Nashville and a few of them were discussed at the meet. But some of you were not there, so here are a few things of note.

Adelicia under construction and a second tower is now in the planning stages there.

1101 18th Avenue under construction.

Base of the crane is now up at The West End.

The grass planting at the Icon site most likely there for erosion control and this project will start very soon now that the building on that site has been torn down.

The Southgate on West end well under construction.

Midtown lofts rising well above 31st Ave. now.

The name of the project at 3102 West End is The Artie Lee and this one is one floor up.

Another group of homes on Long is now for sale. These homes are on the right hand side of the street going up the hill. There are 5 homes in the group and would represent a good size chunk of land.

If you know of anything of note please add. There are many people who come on this site out of curiosity wanting to know what may be happening in their neighborhood and between this and the development map we can keep everyone informed.

• 2 months later...

Hampton Inn crane up and new crane platform crane up at the Bristol West End.

Adelicia crane is going to go up very soon. First segment is in place.

Before long, you can add a crane for the Icon, another for the Terrazzo, another for the Encore, and two more for the West End Summit. By year end there will be several more on top of that such as the Sounds project, and Rolling Mill Hill, and oh yes, the Signature Tower project. :thumbsup:

I have to admit that word of Nashville's boom is reaching all the way down here. I have a neighbor who is a developer, and he's cornered me the other night at my wife's church. He wanted to know all the details about Nashville. I just told him to check out this site.

Also, I've noticed over the last few months around Atlanta from comments made by our younger associates and their friends (like when going out for beers, gatherings, etc.) when I say I went to Vandy, all the 20-somethings make comments that Nashville's such a cool city... and they'd like to live there. So for all I know, you may even be getting a reverse migration from Atlanta soon (OMG!!!).

On the "news from around town theme," courtesy of smeagolsfree, a few more:

* Bristol Development's Bristol at Vanderbilt Place now has a roughly 70-foot-tall tower crane to go with the site's ground crane.

* Work looks to be looming for The Meridian on Long Boulevard in West End Park.

* The West End, John C. Hayes' 11-story building at 31st and West End, is now out of the ground, with a massive crane having been erected last weekend.

* The hole for 1101 18th is quite deep (perhaps as much so as will be needed). At six floors above ground, a tower crane might be needed.

* The tower crane for Hampton Inn & Suites at Gateway and Fourth is almost fully assembled. Very large.

* The Demonbreun Street Viaduct project is moving quickly, with all piers finished and most of the beams in place.

* The buildings in Morgan Park Place are very cool. That should be a wonderful project.

* Lots of demolition at East Park for the new community center.

Hope everybody is doing well.

William

My two cents: renovations of the old Granite Falls into the new Corner Pub are moving along (I know it's Corner Pub because of the large vinyl banner spread across a few tables inside, presumably awaiting to be hung up outside). People are there every day working on stuff. So far the bar has been extended to wrap around toward the Broadway side of the building, and the exterior trim has been painted black. So far I haven't seen a building permit hung up anywhere, but maybe that's because I only ever walk past the building on the Broadway side and not near the parking lot entrance. Anyway, as William put it at last month's meetup, "another place to drink in Midtown" is in the pipeline.

Tom,

I'll be curious to see how Corner Pub can hang with Red Door Saloon and Broadway Brewhouse, as the latter two are very well supported.

WW

My two cents: renovations of the old Granite Falls into the new Corner Pub are moving along (I know it's Corner Pub because of the large vinyl banner spread across a few tables inside, presumably awaiting to be hung up outside). People are there every day working on stuff. So far the bar has been extended to wrap around toward the Broadway side of the building, and the exterior trim has been painted black. So far I haven't seen a building permit hung up anywhere, but maybe that's because I only ever walk past the building on the Broadway side and not near the parking lot entrance. Anyway, as William put it at last month's meetup, "another place to drink in Midtown" is in the pipeline.

That will be great if they do turn it into a Corner Pub. Does anyone have any info about the 12th Street Market next to Mafioza's? It looks like they are going to put a taproom there. Man, if I had to change my career, I would love to open a pub in that area or Germantown.

On the "news from around town theme," courtesy of smeagolsfree, a few more:

* Work looks to be looming for The Meridian on Long Boulevard in West End Park.

* The West End, John C. Hayes' 11-story building at 31st and West End, is now out of the ground, with a massive crane having been erected last weekend.

I have'nt heard of the John C. Hayes project Can you elaborate onit a little?

and whats the deal with The Meridian how does it look? I have'nt seen it I dont think. I just looked at the plans for 1101 18th ave. south condominiums and i dont know how big the hole is but the building is only around 85ft. to 90ft. high.

I have'nt heard of the John C. Hayes project Can you elaborate onit a little?

and whats the deal with The Meridian how does it look? I have'nt seen it I dont think. I just looked at the plans for 1101 18th ave. south condominiums and i dont know how big the hole is but the building is only around 85ft. to 90ft. high.

OK, let's see if I can help out here. I have not seen any of these project locations lately.

Hayes' West End is a 10 story condo building at 31st and West End. Here's their website.

http://www.thewestend.us/

I had read that the 1101 18th Ave. Bldg. will have three levels of parking underneath it. I'd expect this would call for a hole of around 40 ft deep. Can anyone corroborate?

I don't know about Meridian, but I think it was just announced. So I'd be surprised to see any dirt turned on that one yet.

OK, let's see if I can help out here. I have not seen any of these project locations lately.

Hayes' West End is a 10 story condo building at 31st and West End. Here's their website.

http://www.thewestend.us/

I had read that the 1101 18th Ave. Bldg. will have three levels of parking underneath it. I'd expect this would call for a hole of around 40 ft deep. Can anyone corroborate?

I don't know about Meridian, but I think it was just announced. So I'd be surprised to see any dirt turned on that one yet.

There is a construction trailer on site at he Meridian. I dont know if it is a sales trailer , but it looks more like something a construction company would use. The same construction company that is doing Park West Courts is doing the meridian as it is going to be right next door.

City Watcher: You can also refer to the Nashville Project threat that has been pinned at the top of the Nashville page. There are a lot of rendering there. I will try to add more as I get a chance.

There is talk of another 10 story tower at 30th and Poston that is going to be done by John Hayes, but this is another John Hayes.

O.K. I know where that is. Thats across from West Ends twin towers right?

right... across from the American Center.

There is talk of anoather 10 stroy tower at 30th and poston that is going to be done by John Hayes, but this is another John Hayes.

Hmmmm... just to make things a tad more confusing, huh?

Also, I've noticed over the last few months around Atlanta from comments made by our younger associates and their friends (like when going out for beers, gatherings, etc.) when I say I went to Vandy, all the 20-somethings make comments that Nashville's such a cool city... and they'd like to live there. So for all I know, you may even be getting a reverse migration from Atlanta soon (OMG!!!).

Wow, that's really a compliment. Do you think they've always felt that way, or has the construction boom sparked their interest?

I think it's more the whole buzz around Nashville at this time... a part of which is the construction boom.

The attorneys with whom I've discussed this (more than a dozen) are pretty familiar with Nashville. We have an office there. So they know what it's like. I'd say that most of them think it's the perfect size. They also mention the fact that it's compact, has lots of places to go for music, restaurants, and an increasing array of places to live in/near DT. I've heard from a few about the new ballpark.

Several of them have mentioned that they'd like to live in East End. I've still got to get over there next time up. Don't know much about it, but enjoyed the pics posted here immensely.

On the other hand, complaints are common regarding mass transit there.

Tonight I've counted five(5) cranes that are up so far, including The Viridian. Its going to be a pretty site when all the other projects get underway!!!

Maybe somethin like this?

APAY05.jpg

Only they will be much nicer looking buildings, heh.

Dave,

Interesting tidbit. I did notice after you and I talked that the scaffolding on the north side of SSC is gone. Man, what a beautiful building. Will check the Encore site Tuesday morning. Tony said he wants to start in mid-May. He's ready to rock.

WW

Here's a tidbit. There's demolition going on NOW at the Encore site. One building is half gone, the entire site is blocked and a mean looking machine parked in the back looks really hungry for brick.

This is great news and my 1000th post on top of that. The Encore is going to be very imposing on that end of SOBRO. It will be almost twice the height of the Hilton. I look for things to really start moving fast in SOBRO over the next 6 to 8 months. More announcements I would say along with a lot more construction to start.

There is a sign up at the Terrazzo site as well with the phone number for the sales office.

Also noticed the building that was being renovated in the Gulch next to the Demonbreun Bridge is the ICONS sales office.

Archived