News from around town

smeagolsfree

This is great news and my 1000th post on top of that.

Way to go Ron. You may be the quickest on this forum to reach that milestone. I've said it before and I'll say it again, your research ind capability of finding out info on all these projects is unmatched! Thanks, again.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks a lot Hankster, I try ,but seem to be slowing sown a little because of more work in two other jobs I have created for myself. I still get out and take my drives around town.

By the way there is another something going right next to the Wesley Bernard on Long Blvd. They tore another house down this week and there is a new financed by sign in that yard.

CH,

Struever is set to release the master plan for the Sounds stadiums and the three mixed-use buildings to join it by the end of May.

WW

Does anybody know when the final design of the Sounds stadium and the surrounding development will be revealed?

That will be great if they do turn it into a Corner Pub. Does anyone have any info about the 12th Street Market next to Mafioza's? It looks like they are going to put a taproom there. Man, if I had to change my career, I would love to open a pub in that area or Germantown.

According to Kay West's article in today's Scene, 12th South Market is being converted to the 12South Taprooom, a "gastro-pub". They will pour a front patio and move much of the parking to the rear..

"Long time listener, first time caller" here.

Anyway, I love all the discussion about our fair city and I've enjoyed watching the development of SoBro from my office window (top floor, south face of downtown midrise) over the past 5 years. I've watched the Gateway and Shelby St. bridges get built/repurposed, the Thermal Transfer Plant come down, the old fire station come down, much of Rolling Mill Hill come down, the Symphony Hall go up, the Music City Star station go up, etc., etc., etc.

Longwinded post to say simply this: Dave - you're spot on that the Encore demo is underway. As we speak (type? whatever...) I'm watching that mean looking machine make its way through the southernmost warehouse. Should be fun to watch it rise...

First time callers get a prize. Free Danish at The Standard (Savage House) on Sat. at 10. Real glad you guys are starting to check in. Would love to see some of the new guys at the meeting on Sat. Hopefully it'll be a nice day for one of our little walks...just to see how spread out we can get.

I envy your window view, Mike. I work in La Vergne. 'Nuf said there.

• 2 weeks later...

As stated on the Metro center thread, There are one maybe two new State office buildings going in Metro Center. One is the TN Dept of Labor and the other I think is just a State office building. The Labor building is 240,000 sq ft.

The Kingsmont Court condos have broken ground and building permits issued for them on Parthenon Court.

Demolition has started at Vandy for the new central garage @ the Vanderbilt Clinic.

Does anyone know what's going in where the microwave oven building used to be near the intersection of B'way and 21st?

My friend at VU said it was going to be condos, but he didn't elaborate (I tried guys, I really did!!). Has any dirt been turned there? I can't believe I haven't been up in Nashville since bfore the holidays.

Does anybody know what the Nissan HQ building will look like? I know that the HQ in Cali. was pretty tall. However i dont think it will be that tall, who knows?

my dad's company is designing the building. i'll see if i can get any drawings. it might be tough though because they've had to sign a lot of confidentiality contracts with nissan. they knew about the move to nashville 6 months before it hit the news.

Archived