2nd Avenue developments

AceMentor

If you haven't already heard, the resturaunts on 2nd ave are being bought to turn into condiminiums by a company in atlanta. They're offering like 3 million for the buildings. If anyone gets a chance, they should check out the old spaghetti factory (not the resturaunt part). It is really cool what they're doing and if I go again I'll get some pics

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you haven't already heard, the resturaunts on 2nd ave are being bought to turn into condiminiums by a company in atlanta. They're offering like 3 million for the buildings. If anyone gets a chance, they should check out the old spaghetti factory (not the resturaunt part). It is really cool what they're doing and if I go again I'll get some pics

Wait, does that mean Old Spaghetti Factory is going out of business ?

Well not specifically it, but just any in general. I'm kind of fond of having several streets of restaurants and bars in the CBD, I would hate to see part of that lost to residential and become less active to some degree, esp. when it comes to tourists.

Which one is your dads if you don't mind sharing?

Well not specifically it, but just any in general. I'm kind of fond of having several streets of restaurants and bars in the CBD, I would hate to see part of that lost to residential and become less active to some degree, esp. when it comes to tourists.

Which one is your dads if you don't mind sharing?

Market Street Brewery/ Public House

I have a question. I've always thought that the Spaghetti Factory was two floors, and the lofts are two floors, but the building is three. How does that work out?

And also, the website boasts a two story open air courtyard. If it's an open air courtyard, how can it have two floors?

I'm glad to see the uppper floors along this street coming to life. The Lofts at 160 and The Spaghetti Lofts are two different buildings. I know Spaghetti Lofts entrance and lofts have been in the works for a while like barakat says. These are lease units, and it sounds like 160 are rentals also. We need more rentals. MS Brewery will hopefully become the same type of setup, with restaurant/retail below and lofts above. I don't think anything is being lost. It's just that everything above the first floors of these buildings will be resident occupied whereas in the past this space was mostly unused. This is good. The MS Brewery has been such a staple on the street and was so pioneering when it opened, I'd hate to see it go. Hopefully, it'll be retained in mostly its present form at street level. We'll have to wait and see I guess.

I have a question. I've always thought that the Spaghetti Factory was two floors, and the lofts are two floors, but the building is three. How does that work out?

And also, the website boasts a two story open air courtyard. If it's an open air courtyard, how can it have two floors?

I think I get what your saying. Are you factoring in the basement that is on to first ave?

I'm glad to see the uppper floors along this street coming to life. The Lofts at 160 and The Spaghetti Lofts are two different buildings. I know Spaghetti Lofts entrance and lofts have been in the works for a while like barakat says. These are lease units, and it sounds like 160 are rentals also. We need more rentals. MS Brewery will hopefully become the same type of setup, with restaurant/retail below and lofts above. I don't think anything is being lost. It's just that everything above the first floors of these buildings will be resident occupied whereas in the past this space was mostly unused. This is good. The MS Brewery has been such a staple on the street and was so pioneering when it opened, I'd hate to see it go. Hopefully, it'll be retained in mostly its present form at street level. We'll have to wait and see I guess.

If my dad doesn't sell out to the atlanta people (I really hope he doesn't) Then he plans to put condos on the upper floors of his building just like your saying dave. Hopefully things will work out the way we want them to. ( there is a ton of unused space in his building on th uppper floors).

Ahhh no I didn't think of that.

You seem to be very knowledgeable(?) about this area. Does your dad happen to own any other buildings that you he might do something with?

Does anyone know of any plans for the block on 2nd that is now surface parking? I believe that was where Goodies used to be before the building burned down in the late 80's??

We've talked about that lot before, and it seems the general consensus is that we'd like to see a 5-7 story building with street retail, maybe a boutique hotel and some condos/apts. So far, we know nothing of any plans, but what a great location that is.

I also think something tall, if done right, would be good. You remember Goodies? Not many of us around on that one. lol

We've talked about that lot before, and it seems the general consensus is that we'd like to see a 5-7 story building with street retail, maybe a boutique hotel and some condos/apts. So far, we know nothing of any plans, but what a great location that is.

I also think something tall, if done right, would be good. You remember Goodies? Not many of us around on that one. lol

I am new to the list, but to remember Goodies, let's just say, I have been around the block a few times

Ahhh no I didn't think of that.

You seem to be very knowledgeable(?) about this area. Does your dad happen to own any other buildings that you he might do something with?

Unfortunately not, but I can keep yall updated on how it goes. He was also thinking, I don't know if this is a possibility but to put an ESPN zone on the upper floor, but I'll have to talk to him about that. (he talked to some people in chicago about it.)

I've been to the ESPN Zone in Chicago (the only one I've been to), and thoroughly enjoyed it. I watched every damn NFL game there one Sunday in October '00. Also, I love that area of downtown just north of the Chicago River and west of the whole Michigan Ave. complex. It's really taken off. I picture the area around Nashville's Symphony becoming like that area of Chicago. Once again, Chicago is the model for how things ought to be.

IMO, an ESPN zone would be a terrific addition to Nashville. 2nd Avenue is first and foremost an entertainment district, and that would be a perfect addition, if possible.

Agreed. Would help bring attention to the local teams too perhaps.

Does anyone know where the other ESPN Zones are, by chance?

Theres the one mentioned in Chicago and theres one here in Atlanta that I've been to once...

The website also lists: Denver, Vegas, New York, D.C., Anaheim (L.A) and Baltimore.

They seem to be in only a few cities so far. I think it would be a successful venture in Nashville.

Archived