The West End

gs3

5 hours ago, transplant08 said:

Yeah, saw that. Not gonna happen.

At least it will have lots of company in the West End when it comes to dead projects from the Kimpton to the Avant. Lots of tombstones coming for my development graveyard on the Gateway site. :D 

The vast majority of their funding will still likely come through accredited investors.  If you look at the limits for non-accredited investors its going to certainly take accredited investors to hit their goal.  The platform they are using serves more of a marketing platform to seek those investors while still giving the smaller investor a chance to be involved.

10 minutes ago, NewlyUpstate said:

Can we stop calling it crowdfunding? That's really not what this is.

The marketing materials for the investment call it crowdfunding.  (So the issuer itself calls it crowdfunding.) The capital raise is being done under Regulation CF,  also known as crowdfunding.

It’s crowdfunding.  Period.  

Edited by PuppiesandKittens

• 2 weeks later...

The parking lot at the corner of River and Rhett (across from The Link) is constantly just choked with weeds. It looks awful in an area where every other property is well landscaped and maintained. I think that is owned by Hughes, one of the wealthiest families in town. Shouldn't the city enforce better maintenance?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well apparently the city is NOT going to buy the Transit property on Augusta St.  Not sure what is going on but it must be something pretty big. 

City to rescind ordinance to purchase GTA property

It MIGHT have something to do with this Work Session that was specially called last Monday. 

ALSO: the city apparently will be hiring a new city manager on MONDAY instead of conducting the usual search.   

image.png.204941eda5c3991b1a77cff5ce040c3b.png

20 minutes ago, GVLer said:

Well not everyone is the genius that you are. Now go back to obsessing over tower cranes. 

I’d rather obsess over non-existent tower cranes downtown than be some overzealous Karen complaining about a bar/restaurant that has been downtown since before all of the overpriced condos got built nearby. In fact, I think I will visit Chicora Alley soon and give them some extra business. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

Well....I am an avid consumer of adult beverages in many of our fantastic downtown establishments. And I manage to do that without public drunkenness, smoking weed by the back door, yelling, or fighting. I am sorry to hear that you support that activity because "that is what people do at bars". I am no stranger to having fun. But some places do not seem to care about bad behavior. I guess anyone living downtown is expected to tolerate a free for all?

6 hours ago, GVLer said:

Well....I am an avid consumer of adult beverages in many of our fantastic downtown establishments. And I manage to do that without public drunkenness, smoking weed by the back door, yelling, or fighting. I am sorry to hear that you support that activity because "that is what people do at bars". I am no stranger to having fun. But some places do not seem to care about bad behavior. I guess anyone living downtown is expected to tolerate a free for all?

Straw Man much?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It was on a trip to the east coast in 2021 that Melang passed through Greenville. At the time, he was looking for suitable places for a Matador around Charlotte or Raleigh, North Carolina.

When he came to Greenville, his mind shifted.

“I was just blown away,” Melang said of first impressions of the city.

Greenville and Mauldin suck. 

Edited by gman430