The West End

gs3

From what I have heard, this building will be a restaurant with mostly outdoor dining.

That is great to hear! I have always loved this small building, thinking it would be perfect for either a small souvenir shop, news stand, or a cozy cafe. It should be wonderful to see how it is transformed into a busy restaurant, and what style will be used. I happened to be walking by "several" months ago when someone was meeting with someone else before the property was sold. I thought perhaps it might soon be developed, and then the sign was put up and I knew my hunch was correct. Gotta love when that happens! :D

Edited by Skyliner

That is a great photo tour, Skyliner! :shades: I was rushed before and really didn't look at all of the photos. That's the price I pay for trying to stay involved during a busy work day. These photos just show a small sampling of all of the activity in the West End right now, too. It's amazing how alive that part of town is now during the evenings in general and especially when the Drive are playing at home. :shades:

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! That's an AMAZING shot of the Fieldhouse! Very nice, RT! I don't really like the stucco part of the building that is in the middle of the commercial portion, but it's definitely a great improvement to the West End and a good looking building, otherwise. I can't wait to see what is going to be done across the Rail Road tracks!!!

Wow! That's an AMAZING shot of the Fieldhouse! Very nice, RT! I don't really like the stucco part of the building that is in the middle of the commercial portion, but it's definitely a great improvement to the West End and a good looking building, otherwise. I can't wait to see what is going to be done across the Rail Road tracks!!!

Thanks, GvilleSC!

Stucco? You mean where the balconies are? That's some sort of stone block there, actually. It looks pretty nice. My photos don't do it justice. :blink:

Edited by RestedTraveler

Stucco? You mean where the balconies are? That's some sort of stone block there, actually. It looks pretty nice. My photos don't do it justice. :blink:

Ok, I guess, sorry wrong material. But it's not on the end, I like it here because the moulding is carried over it, but in the middle of the Main Street and West End Field sides. It has different windows and nothing at the top to crown it like the rest of the building.

Ok, I guess, sorry wrong material. But it's not on the end, I like it here because the moulding is carried over it, but in the middle of the Main Street and West End Field sides. It has different windows and nothing at the top to crown it like the rest of the building.

Yea, I agree - the continuity is broken in the middle of the building where the crown is broken.

Getting a Rock Bottom Brewery there at the Fieldhouse would be wonderful! It seems natural for people to go there before or after a Drive game (and with the West End growing like it is, it will become more and more of a high-traffic area).

I went to the Rock Bottom website, and the closest state to us with a Rock Bottom is Virginia (Arlington). They all seem to be in bigger cities, so if we can get them to Greenville it will really say a lot about how our city is viewed. :thumbsup:

Getting a Rock Bottom Brewery there at the Fieldhouse would be wonderful! It seems natural for people to go there before or after a Drive game (and with the West End growing like it is, it will become more and more of a high-traffic area).

I went to the Rock Bottom website, and the closest state to us with a Rock Bottom is Virginia (Arlington). They all seem to be in bigger cities, so if we can get them to Greenville it will really say a lot about how our city is viewed. :thumbsup:

I dunno, I think the one on Tryon St in Charlotte is a lot closer than that. There is also one in Atlanta. A Rock Bottom would be awesome to have in Greenville though :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I noticed this too. Good ridence.

Any word on the Pendleton West Condo Bldg, btoy, or anyone?

Your in luck. I just received an email on this yesterday. They told me construction of the condos is scheduled to begin in early 2007.

Has a date been stated for the anticipated construction of the Brick Street Lofts? I really want to see this project happen.

I heard somewhere that it could start sometime between the end of this year and early next year. I could be wrong though. :unsure:

Edited by cdude9409

• 4 weeks later...

I came into Greenville today via 123 and decided to take Pendleton Street to the CBD. Upon turning onto Main, I was absolutely blown away with the street scaping. The city has out done itself on this one. The area from Pendleton to West End Field looks amazing and totally different. I unfortunately didn't have my camera with me. So if you're looking for a different beautiful side of Greenville, then look no further than this area. I hope that the city will do something similar to McBee Ave once McBee Station is complete.

Take the time to go out and experience (see) Downtown's newest revitalization efforts. :thumbsup: You won't be disapointed.