The West End

gs3

I've been to the pita hut, (I think that's what it's called) and they don't even heat up the pita, cold pita, yech and the owner was not friendly at all. Please dear Lord, let Pomegranate be delicious and reasonably priced. Okay, borderline lunatic digression over.

Do you mean Pita House? the one on 291 across from Greenville Tech If so I've never had any issues there and I've been there LOTS (but then I call it Middle Eastern not Persian)- the food and the owners have always been great. That would be sad to hear if it was them - but I have to doubt it was.

Yes Pita House, sorry. You're right it isn't persian food at all. They're Palastinian. It's pretty tasty buy trust me the difference between warm, slightly crispy pita and room temp is night and day. Thanks for the wellwishes gvsc. If Pomegranate is anything like I'm use to you'll love it. Persian food is absolutely delicious. I'm just afraid it's going to be a bit pricey, hope not though. Adrock, yup Persepolis is amazing, we just may take a trip to Atl. just for the lunch buffet again. lol

I've got some news on the Field House. It looks like the roof leak is getting worse. It has now gotten down to the ground floor. I love the Port City Java there because the employees are real friendly and its always quiet with fast internet. I'm there now and they have a bucket out to catch the water.

really? the one time i was in there they were really quite rude and it took 20 minute to get two smoothies and my wife and i were the only people in there. And speaking of smoothies, how can they claim that they have 100% real fruit smoothies and then put some crappy flavored syrup in it?

^^ Not sure how their business is, but I go into town and work from the upstairs there just for a change of scenery from time to time, and there are always several others sitting there drinking coffee and working off of a laptop when I'm there. Admittedly, it's not nearly as busy as the one downtown or even the one on Mills. It's almost as if nobody really knows they're there yet.

:huh: No offense to them (they seemed to be a very nice family), but the food wasn't all that great. Maybe Henry's Smokehouse will entertain opening a new location there since everything's pretty much in place for them. :D

I love the idea, but would they have room for outdoor seating? Somewhere on or near Main Street or the Reedy River would be perfect for them, in my opinion. :shades:

I love the idea, but would they have room for outdoor seating? Somewhere on or near Main Street or the Reedy River would be perfect for them, in my opinion. :shades:

There may be room for one or two tables outside, but I don't necessarily think they'd need it (or want it)...I don't believe they have any outdoor seating at their location on Woodruff Road.

But they do at their location on Wade Hampton and it is definitely a plus. I prefer to eat outdoors when the weather is nice.

That goes without saying, though... Ah, yes...there's nothing quite like the smell of exhaust fumes, gasoline, and motor oil to go along with a nice pulled pork sandwich! :lol: Facility-wise, I'd liken the Jon Frank's location more to the Henry's on Woodruff than to the one on Wade Hampton though.

:huh: No offense to them (they seemed to be a very nice family), but the food wasn't all that great. Maybe Henry's Smokehouse will entertain opening a new location there since everything's pretty much in place for them. :D

I never thought they did a very good job with remodeling that building. All the other shops in this row look pretty bright and lively, and then you had Jon Frank's on the end, with that undersized sign and those really, really dark tinted windows. Even when they were open, you couldn't really detect activity due to the window tinting. The building in it's current form seems more appropriate for a bar / club.

...really, really dark tinted windows. Even when they were open, you couldn't really detect activity due to the window tinting.

That's an excellent point. I can't tell you how many times the wife and kids and I drove past the place wondering if they were open before we stopped in. It was definitely difficult to discern.

• 3 weeks later...

Did anybody notice the story on the new restaurants in Wednesday's Greenville News? They gave more details on "ten" (the restaurant/listening room going into the building where Rocks & Ropes used to be). It's going to seat 200-300 and feature tapas and have 8 bars. There will be live music performances by "name band" (I take this to mean nationally recognized) acts after 9pm...not unlike the Handlebar or the Orange Peel in Smasheville.

Could this be the beginnings of converting the West End into a live music and entertainment district? :alc:

Did anybody notice the story on the new restaurants in Wednesday's Greenville News? They gave more details on "ten" (the restaurant/listening room going into the building where Rocks & Ropes used to be). It's going to seat 200-300 and feature tapas and have 8 bars. There will be live music performances by "name band" (I take this to mean nationally recognized) acts after 9pm...not unlike the Handlebar or the Orange Peel in Smasheville.

Could this be the beginnings of converting the West End into a live music and entertainment district? :alc:

I was interetsted until it said Beach Music and R&B.