The West End

gs3

You guys know the space in West End with the red painted pipes and valves in the window....faces Main? Across from Carolina Traithlon. It used to be a gallery. It is empty now and I noticed yesterday a logo painted on the windows that I had never noticed. "Chicora West End". Is Chicora Alley opening up another restaurant or was this the name of the gallery that was located in the space? I never knew the name of that gallery. The space is empty, but there are no lease signs in the window. Looks like there is a plan in place for this spot. Anyone know?

The Chicora is the name of the tower that will be built on Rhett Street. I think this is going to be the sales office. (?)

• 2 weeks later...

The owners of the old Shealy's electrical site have reapplied to the DPC for approval. The new plans have minor changes and the building is still a great looking project. According to their application they lost one of the office tenets so they changed the office space into more condos. Hopefully we will see some construction soon. :thumbsup:

The owners of the old Shealy's electrical site have reapplied to the DPC for approval. The new plans have minor changes and the building is still a great looking project. According to their application they lost one of the office tenets so they changed the office space into more condos. Hopefully we will see some construction soon. :thumbsup:

This is a separate project from the Green Monster on Main, or is this tract included with the buildings that face Main?

• 2 weeks later...

The interior of Pomegranate is looking great, as well as the patio.

Below is a shot of the patio that faces Main. I have feeling this one will be a definite winner. The patio opening onto Main should be an excellent spot and will give much additional life to this curve in West End.

DSC03398.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I missed this one. Where exactly is this going?

The building that used to house Rocks & Ropes and The Fieldhouse Sales Center, during Fieldhouse construction. Construction has started on the basement level, not sure if any of the facility will be on the upper level. Anyone know? :dontknow:

So this place is called "Down Under & Ten?"

I remember hearing about this venue, and being excited that it will have live entertainment (which will be a GREAT and much-needed thing for our urban core). I am surprised that they are already getting started with renovations, though. This is certainly a nice surprise. :) Any idea when they want to have this thing completed and open to the public?

They are planning to submit for Building permits the 1st of the year. They have really only been doing demo so far. They will be constructing a big outdoor deck area with bar and new entry on the side with the banner. The Architecture firm will stay upstairs and the new restaurant/bar will run under the upstairs level to the 2 story space in the back. I think the plan is open as it gets into summer. The 2 story space in the back will also have a stage ofr bands etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The West End continues to receive praise. Now, it's been awarded the 'Prestigious' Governor's Cup. I've personally never heard of this before, but it sounds like an encouraging award for the City. Check out more here:

Greenvilleonline.com

WYFF just had a very telling figure in their story about the award. In the West End, retail sales went from $5million to $12.5million after the opening of the Liberty Bridge and Falls Park.

WYFF just had a very telling figure in their story about the award. In the West End, retail sales went from $5million to $12.5million after the opening of the Liberty Bridge and Falls Park.

Well before then I spent nothing in the West End. Now I spend hundreds of dollars each season at West End Field, and shop at stores like Appalachian Outfitters (The Life is Good store) and Milltown Emporium. I'm sure I will be spending more time in the restaurants in the future.

I wonder if G-Drive Merchandises sales are included in that figure? :dontknow:

Well before then I spent nothing in the West End. Now I spend hundreds of dollars each season at West End Field, and shop at stores like Appalachian Outfitters (The Life is Good store) and Milltown Emporium. I'm sure I will be spending more time in the restaurants in the future.

Ditto! :thumbsup: