The West End

gs3

The owner of the building is expaning out the basement to add restrooms down stairs and also to add an entrance on the street to the downstairs level. The deck will then get built back over this addition. I don't think there is a tenant going in yet but making these changes will make it a more marketable space.

The owner of the building is expaning out the basement to add restrooms down stairs and also to add an entrance on the street to the downstairs level. The deck will then get built back over this addition. I don't think there is a tenant going in yet but making these changes will make it a more marketable space.

Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

Citylife, do you know anything about this or the work in the vacant lot next to it or the old bar they just tore down today? New pumps are going in at the citco too, now if they would just tear down and rebuild the store!

If you're talking about next to Rio Grille, i'm hearing a new restaurant by the owner of Azia will be built there. This is not confirmed though.

Edited by citylife

Hopefully they're tearing it down and getting rid of their parking lot! But it's probably a new sign for their building or something... :scared:

I would love to see Cooks Station add on to their building and bring it forward to the sidewalk. As it is now, the parking lot is such a waste of space. It is barely even a parking lot....it holds all of 7 cars maybe. I shop Cooks Station, but always walk, as that little wasted space in front is hard to maneuver around in, if one or two other cars are parked there.

I would love to see Cooks Station add on to their building and bring it forward to the sidewalk. As it is now, the parking lot is such a waste of space. It is barely even a parking lot....it holds all of 7 cars maybe. I shop Cooks Station, but always walk, as that little wasted space in front is hard to maneuver around in, if one or two other cars are parked there.

It would be cool to see them do a new building similar to the Smoke/Mellow building. They would create a bigger space for themselves as well as add space for other tenants to help offset the cost of the renovation. It would also be an opportunity to combine the two parking lots behind the building and give them easier access to their trucks.

It would be cool to see them do a new building similar to the Smoke/Mellow building. They would create a bigger space for themselves as well as add space for other tenants to help offset the cost of the renovation. It would also be an opportunity to combine the two parking lots behind the building and give them easier access to their trucks.

That is a great idea. :thumbsup:

It would add more of the West End "feel" to that prime intersection.

The recently created parking lot on the corner of Markley (?) and Main? Or closer to the West End Coffee Co (Is there anything between those?)

There's not anything on the City's website yet for the DPC meeting applications. I wonder if it's just for the West End history sidewalk things? :dontknow:

The recently created parking lot on the corner of Markley (?) and Main? Or closer to the West End Coffee Co (Is there anything between those?)

There's not anything on the City's website yet for the DPC meeting applications. I wonder if it's just for the West End history sidewalk things? :dontknow:

It's on Main Street between that newly renovated small shopping center that houses the parking authority and Markley Street. It's stapled to a telephone/power pole I believe. You have Main Street then the parking lot then West End Coffee Company side by side facing toward the Drive ballpark.

Edited by citylife

• 3 weeks later...

Spill the Beans is open in their new location right on Falls Park. The inside is so much larger. Great space. :thumbsup: I really like the way entrance opens off of the Falls Park terrace / overlook.

IMG_0812.jpg

The "soft" opening was this week at Spill the Beans. They are waiting on key officials, etc. to mesh schedules for an "official" Grand Opening sometime this week--probably Wednesday or Thursday. The mayor will speak, etc. sometime late morning. fyi...I'll be having a book signing for A Guide to Historic Greenville, SC (which has an entry for the historic building they occupy)...probably the evening of the opening.