The West End

gs3

Spill the Beans will have their "official" opening and dedication/ribbon cutting next Monday (Sept. 22) at 11:30 a.m. Mayor Knox White and others will be there to cut the ribbon. I will also be having a book signing for my Guide to Historic Greenville, SC from after the ceremony until 1:30 and also from 5:30 until closing.

The facility turned out great and has an enviable view of the falls from their back window and main entrance spilling out onto the piazza going into Falls Park. The front part of the building currently has seating for people watching out of the front window, but will eventually be turned into more of a retail/news stand area. The conference room in the back is pretty cool too. :thumbsup:

Spill the Beans will have their "official" opening and dedication/ribbon cutting next Monday (Sept. 22) at 11:30 a.m. Mayor Knox White and others will be there to cut the ribbon. I will also be having a book signing for my Guide to Historic Greenville, SC from after the ceremony until 1:30 and also from 5:30 until closing.

The facility turned out great and has an enviable view of the falls from their back window and main entrance spilling out onto the piazza going into Falls Park. The front part of the building currently has seating for people watching out of the front window, but will eventually be turned into more of a retail/news stand area. The conference room in the back is pretty cool too. :thumbsup:

Very sorry. I thought I was posting this in Coffee House.

• 2 weeks later...

What's going on with the West End's Green Monster? Is work going on? I assume they're going to save the buildings and add the two top floors and third street front space in that gap on Main, but can progress be seen other than scaffolding? ...

They were adding green netting over the scaffolding today. Only makes sense it's green. :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is Elgin's Body Shop across Main from the ballpark still for sale? This location would be perfect for something mixed-use with 4-8 stories of height. That would do wonders for the height and density in the West End (especially with the Field House across the street).

Absolutely. I'm not sure if it's for sale or not currently, but more ground level retail near the ballpark would definitely assist the area.

Is Elgin's Body Shop across Main from the ballpark still for sale? This location would be perfect for something mixed-use with 4-8 stories of height. That would do wonders for the height and density in the West End (especially with the Field House across the street).

I think that building would make the perfect music venue.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just found this article on the "Alamo building" as it calls it, and what I always consider 'the old Rocks and Ropes building'.

It's an interesting look at the history of Greenville and the importance of this building's functionality.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/article/20.../901070304/1062

PS- how's the construction coming on this building? It was lookin' great before I came back to school.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me what is going on with the indoor putt putt golf in West End? Did it ever open? :dontknow: Everytime I've gone by it isn't opened. There is no sign. I've peeked in and lights are on, there is a carpet golf course there. Nothing has been done to the front of the building. Seems to be a poorly done project.

Can anyone tell me what is going on with the indoor putt putt golf in West End? Did it ever open? :dontknow: Everytime I've gone by it isn't opened. There is no sign. I've peeked in and lights are on, there is a carpet golf course there. Nothing has been done to the front of the building. Seems to be a poorly done project.

I'm thinking I drove by the other day and saw a sign along with guys in there working. I may go check that out right now before heading to work.