The West End

gs3

Damn, I wanted to go to the DRB meeting yesterday but was out of town.  Anyone go?  An item of concern to me is the Sphinx renovations.  This spot is notorious for beggars and drunks and police calls, would love to see them forced to address this before building a bigger store (like eliminating the sale of singles and eliminating "escape paths" for people to run out when they see blue lights coming would be an excellent start).

The DRB discussion was only related to the sign.  I believe this location is outside the zone the DRB covers, and thus only review the sign, not the full renovation.  The Spinx rep did mention they were going to landscape the sign in such a way that people wouldn't be able to use it as a bench for example.  

Thanks for the update.  If they dont take measures to prevent this location as being a beacon for beggars, addicts, and drunks than you can count me on the side  of more civic minded business owners.  QT at leaset is making an attempt I believe.

Edited by gvegascple

The QT also has to get Planning Commission approval and a zoning exception approval, so the city has a good bit of leverage there.  

I'm not aware of the Spinx having to jump through any of those hoops since it's an existing business.  

We will see, Spinx seems to be making a good faith effort on this, so hopefully it turns out well.  

Edited by chuckyvt

3 hours ago, chuckyvt said:

The QT also has to get Planning Commission approval and a zoning exception approval, so the city has a good bit of leverage there.  

I'm not aware of the Spinx having to jump through any of those hoops since it's an existing business.  

We will see, Spinx seems to be making a good faith effort on this, so hopefully it turns out well.  

Spinx did have to ask for an alley abandonment. Not sure how much the leverage that the city could use for that, but it is something. 

• 2 weeks later...
On March 18, 2016 at 9:16 PM, vicupstate said:

Anyone hear who were the bidders. 

Sold to Windsor Aughtry it looks like: http://www.greenvillecounty.org/County_Council/_Agenda/Meetings%20of%202016/Finance/2016.03.28/OrdinanceTransfer%20of%20301%20River%20Street.pdf

Edited by gman430

Is there a thread for this somewhere? I thought this project was dead but I don't recall seeing this sign here before. Three pieces of heavy equipment and a Strange Bros. sign are on site as well. 

http://upstatebusinessjournal.com/news/listed-keowee-mountain/

(Link should take you to right article despite what it says)

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Preliminary review of Fluor Field

The original project design team is involved in the proposed changes, which include a major renovation to the entry plaza, creating a pocket park for the city, new seating, new rooftop signage on the adjacent office building, bleacher seating upgrades, a new club at suite level, changing office space to season ticket-holders space and a new marquee sign.

There will be an opportunity for new public art, and additional ticket windows will be added as well as an outside elevator tower to office building. The biggest addition will be club space at third base, which will have interior and exterior seating. 

• Like 2