The West End

gs3

On 11/7/2017 at 12:15 PM, SVL said:

This was also mentioned briefly in a story on NPR's "Marketplace" program on Thursday. https://www.marketplace.org/2017/11/09/business/gourmet-food-halls-transcend-trend

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, vicupstate said:

A mixed use but primarily Self Storage facility is being proposed for 101 O"Neal St. That is corner of Rhett and O,Neal. It is nect to Especially Auto.

118k sf of storage. 1800 sf of retail/cafe space and 1100 sf of office.

Community meeting on 1/3/18.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

:sick:

On 12/21/2017 at 1:34 PM, vicupstate said:

A mixed use but primarily Self Storage facility is being proposed for 101 O"Neal St. That is corner of Rhett and O,Neal. It is nect to Especially Auto.

Slightly better looking than I thought it would be: http://sc-greenville.civicplus.com/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Item/4597?fileID=17987

• Like 1

On 12/21/2017 at 1:34 PM, vicupstate said:

Community meeting went well. No one seemed opposed. Either neutral or positive. There will be over 800 units and the rates were much lower than I was expecting. The presentation was quite professional.   DRB will probably tweet a few things but I expect it to go through. 

On 1/4/2018 at 7:14 PM, vicupstate said:

Self Storage application with Staff comments

Staff seems largely opposed. I guess the fact that the Markley and Rhett Self Storage was above street level is critical.    

According to an article in the Greenville News, the developers are looking to add more office and retail space along with changing the design. 

• 2 weeks later...

$192k buildign permit issued for 512 Augusta St. which is the old Price Right grocery building.  Two retails spaces planned but no signed lease yet apparently. Construction has started. 

See also on the link the plans for a residence at 229 Augusta St.  It is a four story 2 unit condo. Construction set to start in Feb. 1. 

GATHER GVL construction should start in March.

512 Augusta St. & 229 Augusta St.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2018 at 8:56 AM, vicupstate said:

See also on the link the plans for a residence at 229 Augusta St.  It is a four story 2 unit condo. Construction set to start in Feb. 1. 

512 Augusta St. & 229 Augusta St.

Augusta St and Bradshaw St. rezoning

More on the 2 unit condo. Apparently the adjoining property has similar plans. 

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

Boundary stakes?

Those have been there for awhile. Since it sold.

No, these are brand new. They went up today. The old boundary ones are still there too. 

Edited by gman430

• 2 weeks later...