The West End

gs3

On 7/8/2019 at 8:04 PM, vicupstate said:

No Roof Decks, three levels with gable roofs.  Elevations not available but traditional architecture.  

Pricing will be above 600k, perhaps 700k.   

Response from neighbors was  positive. No other approvals required from the city other than normal building permits.  

From $400K to $700K??  That is quite the jump in price.  Was someone trying to make these appear affordable to avoid gentrification backlash or just really really bad at simple math?

• 3 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Flying Biscuit Cafe to open next month.

Cook’s Station to close current location when new one opens. Prime development site downtown. 

I’m optimistic that we will see a good proposal for this site. Removing that small parking lot has been a hope of mine for a long time. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
5 hours ago, GvilleSC said:

I really like this proposed change to the rear of the West End Market. It will definitely enhance what has become an aged addition to the building. https://www.greenvillesc.gov/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Item/6518?fileID=31940

Wait; they're chopping off the top of the tower section?  If so that needs to be stopped! "Hey, lets chop it off and make it look flat and featureless like eveything else!" 

I much prefer the older classic look than this new more boxy moedern look; terrible proposal in my view! :sick:

4 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

Wait; they're chopping off the top of the tower section?  If so that needs to be stopped! "Hey, lets chop it off and make it look flat and featureless like eveything else!" 

I much prefer the older classic look than this new more boxy moedern look; terrible proposal in my view! :sick:

The whole "tower" is going away, and this is being built in its place.

1 hour ago, johnpro318 said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this $2.1 million plan to revamp Field Street to become Jackson Way: https://gvltoday.6amcity.com/jackson-way-greenville-sc/

Wow, yes, this could be a great development. It's a mini-version of the what is outside the new Atlanta Brave stadium, Suntrust Park.  I thought that the best part and experience of going to Suntrust Park was actually outside the stadium in the community area with outdoor music, shade, and the ability to drink and eat outside.  Everyone likes to lounge to music in the shade, eat/drink, and people watch. 

That apartment developer, and the stadium, should consider building a few restaurant and bar areas that open to this street, and leave room for a live music stage. The street to be easily closed for live music events on game days and Friday nights in the off-season.  A perfect community and revenue building space. 

2 minutes ago, motonenterprises said:

You don't like city data? Lol

Haha no it's usually people complaining about a project or not having a certain store. Just things I'm not interested in. I was to know about developments and their progress. Period. Most people here seem more educated and have more constructive conversations. 

• Like 1