The West End

gs3

4 minutes ago, johnpro318 said:

Haha no it's usually people complaining about a project or not having a certain store. Just things I'm not interested in. I was to know about developments and their progress. Period. Most people here seem more educated and have more constructive conversations. 

City Data is nothing but discussions about grocery stores. Lol. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, johnpro318 said:

Haha no it's usually people complaining about a project or not having a certain store. Just things I'm not interested in. I was to know about developments and their progress. Period. Most people here seem more educated and have more constructive conversations. 

Haha. That is true. People here seem to care more about growth and development as I do myself. CD seems like the place people go to for asking questions about the area. I visit both daily.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gman430 said:

220786-DE-4-D5-F-4-B26-AF1-C-59893-FE467

9-D39-A399-B7-A2-43-BD-BE8-B-C53325-ABCE

The Childrens theater looked impressive from the planning stages and is living up my expectations during the build out.  As far as comparable childrens theaters in other cities and states, this one seems to be destined to be a stand out/one of the best in the nation when completed.  Its really a testament to how much emphasis that is put on families and children here.   Does anyone know of any cities putting so much into their children theater program as we have?  This seems like yet another huge selling point for Greenville and another thing for corporate headquarters or existing HQ's seeking to woo CEO's.  I remember talking to a CEO that relocated here and since he and his wife were big into the arts, the Peace Center was one of the deciding factors that make him uproot his family and take the job in town.

• Like 2

Work appears to have started on the storage mixed use space on Rhett Street next to the McClaren. Either that or it’s a staging site for the McClaren. Grading contractor sign up and fencing up around site so I am thinking the first one. 

Edited by gman430
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, johnpro318 said:

I am so excited for this one to open.

me too.  I am really fond of casual places with some safe enclosed space for families and kids to run around and play while mom and dad have a bite and a beer.  Its really great to see more of this implemented around town.  One my first exposures to this was downtown alive when it was in the Piazza De Bergamo.  There was this great little green space surrounded by adults where the kids would all play.  It was a great way for grown ups and kids to socialize at the same time no sitter needed.   I wonder if there are plans to have live music here, maybe it was mentioned already, seems like a no brainer.

One my first exposures to this was downtown alive when it was in the Piazza De Bergamo.  There was this great little green space surrounded by adults where the kids would all play. 

Yeah, the kids played in the green where the nearby residents let their dogs do their business.    

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, gvegascple said:

me too.  I am really fond of casual places with some safe enclosed space for families and kids to run around and play while mom and dad have a bite and a beer.  Its really great to see more of this implemented around town.  One my first exposures to this was downtown alive when it was in the Piazza De Bergamo.  There was this great little green space surrounded by adults where the kids would all play.  It was a great way for grown ups and kids to socialize at the same time no sitter needed.   I wonder if there are plans to have live music here, maybe it was mentioned already, seems like a no brainer.

Yes, they are going to have live music, movies/big games on the projector, fitness classes etc.. they have a nice stage and grass set-up.  This is gonna be a hell of a hang-out once it's up and running smoothly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I ate at Gather GVL on Sunday late afternoon.  It was pretty packed.  There were about three places that were not opened yet, but I imagine will be soon. 

The HenDough  place had the longest line and I had the smothered chicken biscuit from there.  I give it Two thumbs up.  Their donuts looked really good too, but I didn't partake. 

It is very early in the life of this project, but I think they may need to explore any option that might be available to expand.   They are surrounded by the Transit property, so they might want to start talking to the city now.   If it was that crowded on a chilly day and everything isn't even opened yet, they may not be able to handle the crowds that show up later.  

• Like 4