Jump to content

gs3

The West End

Recommended Posts

What’s up with the BZA sign that is now up next to the rail road tracks on Main Street?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


On 8/22/2020 at 8:33 AM, gman430 said:

What’s up with the BZA sign that is now up next to the rail road tracks on Main Street?

I saw that earlier this week also, then drove by today and it was gone. :dontknow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Gville2012 said:

I saw that earlier this week also, then drove by today and it was gone. :dontknow:

Really? That’s weird. Apaladin probably stole it after he heard them call the new county square building a tower. :D Either that or a drunk person walking down Main Street decided to have a little fun. 

Edited by gman430

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems odd to me... there are already so many coffee shops on Main St, including one across the street... although no drive throughs. We certainly have pizza, tacos, and coffee covered downtown!

Applicant is SBX 100 Main St. LLC so would lead me to believe it is a Starbucks... making it the third on Main.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, GMoxley said:

https://www.greenvillesc.gov/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Item/7341?fileID=34849

Drive through coffee shop on Main street. Yikes

Wow, what a colossal waste of prime land.  CAP should know better.  This parcel should be merged with the GTA property for a major project.  Hopefully this dies a quick death.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love Bex coffee and local coffee shops in general. Starbucks has become an overpriced McDonalds. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, GMoxley said:

https://www.greenvillesc.gov/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Item/7341?fileID=34849

Drive through coffee shop on Main street. Yikes

If your business model depends on vehicular traffic, downtown urban sites are not your sweet spot.  Downtown is only going to get more pedestrian over time. Downtown streets are not by nature supposed to be designed to accommodate drive through traffic backing out into it.  This would block normal traffic and threatens to impede fire, police and ambulance traffic.  Thats a hell no for me. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, gvegascple said:

If your business model depends on vehicular traffic, downtown urban sites are not your sweet spot.  Downtown is only going to get more pedestrian over time. Downtown streets are not by nature supposed to be designed to accommodate drive through traffic backing out into it.  This would block normal traffic and threatens to impede fire, police and ambulance traffic.  Thats a hell no for me. 

True but CVS on Main has a drive thru in the rear doesn't it?  Don't see how you can allow one and turn down the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vistatiger said:

True but CVS on Main has a drive thru in the rear doesn't it?  Don't see how you can allow one and turn down the other.

1. CVS doesn't have a drive thru vehicle entrance on Main.

2. A pharmacy drive thru is much less busy than a Starbucks drive thru.

3. People didn't want the CVS drive thru when it was announced many years ago. People have wised up even more sense then.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, GvilleSC said:

Great to hear that! 

Indeed. After the staff approved it, I was worried. CAP needs to work with the city to merge this parcel into a project with the GTA property. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

Indeed. After the staff approved it, I was worried. CAP needs to work with the city to merge this parcel into a project with the GTA property. 

Absolutely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2020 at 8:20 AM, vicupstate said:

Indeed. After the staff approved it, I was worried. CAP needs to work with the city to merge this parcel into a project with the GTA property. 

I don't think the Starbucks was rejected. Just the drive thru according to this.

https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/eat-drink/city-rejects-starbucks-drive-thru-on-main-street-in-the-west-end/

Edited by vistatiger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, vistatiger said:

I don't think the Starbucks was rejected. Just the drive thru according to this.

https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/eat-drink/city-rejects-starbucks-drive-thru-on-main-street-in-the-west-end/

It would not be in their purview to speak to anything other than the exception that was being requested.   I would think that without the drive-thru it may not be in Starbucks interest to pay the same price for  the property. Hopefully that would kill the deal. If they want a location and can't have a drive-thru then the retail space at the Green Monster would make more sense.      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vicupstate said:

It would not be in their purview to speak to anything other than the exception that was being requested.   I would think that without the drive-thru it may not be in Starbucks interest to pay the same price for  the property. Hopefully that would kill the deal. If they want a location and can't have a drive-thru then the retail space at the Green Monster would make more sense.      

Or half of the former Compadre's spot would be great with the patio opportunities out front and behind, plus a hotel across the street and another one proposed a block away.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.