The West End

gs3

10 minutes ago, gman430 said:

$3 million building permit issued for New Realm Brewery. Choate is the general contractor. 

Nice! This is going to bring some life to the West End when it's complete. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NewlyUpstate said:

Ooo I'm intrigued, this is a premier spot. Any idea on the architect?

Not a clue unfortunately. I’m not sure either if it’s a redevelopment of the entire site or just a renovation to the building itself. My guess is just a renovation sadly. 

Edited by gman430

The fact that one of the partners for this project is one of the co-founders of House of Blues is nothing short of awesome. It tells me that this new music venue will happen and will be successful. This and the Peace Center expansion should definitely help with the hotel occupancy rate for current and future hotels along with more business for the restaurants downtown. Greenville in a few years could be on the verge of being like Nashville and Austin when it comes to the live music scene: 

https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/square-feet/renderings-new-music-venue-trueline-planned-for-west-end-near-fluor-field/

Edited by gman430
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, GVLer said:

For the life of me, I don’t understand why the Army Navy store redevelopment didn’t repoint and paint the brick exterior. The new bland stucco makes me sad. 

The purpose of the Stucco was the restoration of the original historic condition in order to receive tax credits.  I know putting some sort of mural on this wall was discussed during the planning meeting, but I don't think it was ever committed to by the developer.  This is just such a fantastic blank canvas at a high visiblity location and seems almost intentional that I don't see that not happening sometime after it's done anyways.  Arts in Public Places basically always comes after the DRB/Council approval and development build-out for a project anyways

image.thumb.png.cab75add320af809fdac58585695b659.png

old army & navy store in downtown greenville

Edited by NewlyUpstate

43 minutes ago, GVLer said:

A friend of mine heard Husk has been leased but did not know by whom. Anyone have any intel? Bueller?

The space is no longer being advertised for lease so it looks like has been leased. Not sure to who though. 

1 hour ago, GVLer said:

https://gvltoday.6amcity.com/trueline-music-venue-greenville-sc. If this project requires Crowdfunding of $10m, then I would wager it never happens. 

crowd funding is not at all the right terminology for this.  They are opening up investments to the public and investors can expect a 12-15% return if even moderately successful, which with this leadership and market is fairly certain.  I doubt this is their main source of funding, they are just looking to provide an opportunity for normal people to invest in greenville, which is a pretty interesting idea. 

Crowd funding is usually not used when talking about equity investments, rather for things like KickStarter or GoFundme where you either get priority access to a good/service or is just a straight donation to a cause you support.

Edited by NewlyUpstate