Office Tower

AceMentor

It seems to me that residential high rises are popping out right and left. Thats always good but when are we gonna start getting some new office towers? Its called the Central Buissiness District for a reason. Will just building residential towers lead to more office towers or are we condemned to have office parks in williamson county take over?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems to me that residential high rises are popping out right and left. Thats always good but when are we gonna start getting some new office towers? Its called the Central Buissiness District for a reason. Will just building residential towers lead to more office towers or are we condemned to have office parks in williamson county take over?

Hey, I'm still waiting for them to finish City Center II. :blink:

Wouldn't City Center II have the same problem as other failed/cancelled office buildings -- not having an anchor tenant? Also, would the footprint of CCII mean the destruction of the historic building on the corner of Church and 6th? Considering the original plan for a large atrium between the two 'Centers' it seems that would be the case. If the developer were to build something now, the might do something completely different on another parcel. Or maybe that's just what I would do. :-)

Wouldn't City Center II have the same problem as other failed/cancelled office buildings -- not having an anchor tenant? Also, would the footprint of CCII mean the destruction of the historic building on the corner of Church and 6th? Considering the original plan for a large atrium between the two 'Centers' it seems that would be the case. If the developer were to build something now, the might do something completely different on another parcel. Or maybe that's just what I would do. :-)

Ack, I just wrote up an answer when I realized I misread something you wrote. No, the structure at Church and 6th would not need to be demolished. I believe all the land was cleared for both buildings, leaving that awkward patch of land south of the CCI that has been "sculptured" into a small park.

Well, I doubt we'll ever see a very prominent, ie 40-50+ story office tower, but I'm sure we'll start to see several mixed used buildings, like the original Signature Tower, in the works sometime soon.

Never ever say never. I do think there may be a long wait for that to happen, but a large 40-50 story office tower will probably happen someday. It may take the emergence of a large downtown population, large enough to create demand for significantly more office space downtown where this large poulation exists, to cause it to happen. At the rate of increase that downtown living is beginning to take place, the reality of such a demand may take place much sooner than people might expect. That's what I'm hoping for.

The more people we have moving downtown the better the chances of us getting truely dominate office tower. Its sad when you look at cities around the world and you will see they have 5-10 40+ story towers being built and were begging for one. It is also true though that many other cities dont have the vibe our great city has. With the street level emphasis we are stressing Nashville will remain a truely great city 250+ meter tower or not. Tall buildings cant creat a street level vibe. Street level shops and businesses are interactive and skyscrapers are usually not. They can however create excitement and the dominate feeling you get when you look at a skyline. My point is I would love 5 more beautiful tall buildings but even if none are built we are still building something that exceeds most cities.

It's still being planned!? For some reason, I've always thought this was completely over. Good news. With all the people moving in, I'm sure this should break ground before 2010.

You know, you could be right! There's a lot of momentum going on in Nashville right now. People are moving into the downtown area at an ever increasing clip. Soon there will be 10,000 residents calling downtown their home. Add to that probably another 100,000 residents living within the I-440 Loop and just across the River in East Nashville. The city is the number 1 city in America for Corporate headquarters relocations, a title that it will probably hold for a second consecutive year. Maybe Nissan didn't want to look downtown, but who's to say that the "next big catch" on the corporate relocation scene won't want to be there. All I can say is the Nashville City Center partnership needs to be poised and really for this to happen. There's a strong possibility that it could, and like Cheerio said, it could happen before 2010. Imagine the Sig Tower along with the 40 story, 596 Ft NCC2 added to the skyline. It could happen.

I am glad to see this project is not dead. Nashville just needs a little time to catch up. There is a lot of momentum here and we will not see the end of it for a while. With many of the larger cities becoming too expensive to do business in, I think you will see more corporate re-locations here in the next several years.

Remember "Rome was not built in a day" . Give it time. I think there will be a number of exciting new project announced this year or next. Just speculation guys, not rumors.

Archived