Need some Greensboro area information

taco1881

yeah but see taco1881 would have somebody else driving for him and he could do whatever he wanted on the bus like sleep, eat, listen to music, etc... The reason I mentioned mass transit was because he was from the north and I figured that would make him feel more at home.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've lived in the greensboro area almost my whole life. i personally dont like winston at all, and high point isnt that great either. I'd say find an apartment in the area, or a house around the friendly ave area. downtown is growing quickly and is packed most nights. in the last few years there has been a bunch of bars and clubs that have opened up. and there are 5 colleges in greensboro, so the younger crowd is pretty big and growing. UNCG is supposed to be up to 25,000 people within the next few years. but it does depend on how old you are on where you should live. as in, if you're older, living near uncg would be a bad idea.

quick question, why are the dates of the posts really messed up? it showed a reply to this topic was in 2004, and the next in 2005, and the next in 2003

nevermind about the question. i'm retarded and cant read apparently

UNCG is supposed to be up to 25,000 people within the next few years.

:shok:

Hi- I am actually going to be moving to Greensboro too. I was curious to know about gyms in the area. Would anyone happen to know what the best gyms are in the area? Best group exercise class? Etc...

I hear Fitness Today is pretty good.

Yeah. I know plenty of people who commute from HP to GB and WS, GB to HP and WS, WS to GB and HP etc... and they don't mind it at all. Some of them, from the north in fact say this is the shortest commute they've ever had.

I have a co-worker that commutes from Winston-Salem to Charlotte every night for a 3rd shift job...and she's done this for 20+ years at that.

usually when people commute, they already have an existing homes and they find jobs that are not close to home because its the only thing that available in their work field. like me, Ive lived in Greensboro all my life. I got laid off and the only available job in my work field happen to be more than 40 miles away from home. But most people moving to a certain area typically find homes that are close to their jobs. I certainly would. If I were moving to the Triad and my job was at PTI Airport, I certainly wouldnt rent an apartment or buy a home in Burlington for example.

Hi- I am actually going to be moving to Greensboro too. I was curious to know about gyms in the area. Would anyone happen to know what the best gyms are in the area? Best group exercise class? Etc...

the new-ish ymca in downtown greensboro is pretty nice.

Archived