1. 1. Would you invest in a condominium in the Heartside District

• Yes, I love Heartside!
    • No, too many homeless
    • Maybe, depending on location
    • No, for other reasons

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What exactly were you expecting to change in a year? All the missions are still in the same spots, and it's not like they are actually "curing" homelessness. In fact, with the economy the way it is, I'd guess they are overflowing with new homeless people.

Whoah! Please re-read my post; I did not mean I thought the Fitzgerald or one year alone would 'cure' homelessness. My post was not about homelessness or missions, it was about general day-to-day living conditions and development in the Heartside District.

It's the new Pro Care offices, if you want more info; visit this thread

On the note of Heart side, it seems that few if any of the projects slated for the area actually went through.

240 Ionia, and Tall House are both dead. The Loose Leaf Lofts went ahead, but they are so expensive (A studio for over $700???) that I can't imagine them being at 100% capacity anytime soon.

Well considering that Heartside actually extends to Grandville Ave, I'd say that statement is far from accurate, especially when you consider: Hopson Flats, Founders, the new Ballet Center, Ice House, Churchhills, Moxies, Hopcat, Sears Architects, River City Slims, Metro Park Apartments, ProCare's offices, the city just signing an agreement to move forward with the ramp portion of 38 Commerce (a big step for that development), Verne Barry Place, the two new restaurants Republic and Rockwell's, the new facade grants for South Division, and Loose Leaf Lofts. That's quite a lot, IMO. Sure, a couple hundred people living in Tall House and 240 Ionia would have been nice, but hardly any kind of "critical mass". When it comes to residential causing any kind of seismic shift in an area's landscape, you need thousands (not hundreds).

I know it seems like I'm being contradictory in this thread, but I'm saying that a lot of great things are going on and have been completed lately. Have they brought significant change to the area yet? No.

BTW: Anyone know what's going on with 100 Commerce?

Archived