Healthcare Projects in NWA

mcheiss

• 2 months later...

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was near Washington Regional checking out the new section of the Scull Creek Trail. I had taken some shots just of the hospital but none of them came out because of the lighting. The sun is so far south this time of year. But I have a few that came out okay but the hospital is more in the background but you can somewhat see the work progressing on it.

washingtonregional01yr3.jpg

washingtonregional02hm7.jpg

washingtonregional03el4.jpg

This whole debacle of building the hospital too small happened not long ago in NLR as well. The new Baptist-NLR campus, which is similar in size to Washington Regional, similarly built too small and had to add a floor not long after opening. These guys need to hire better consultants.

• 1 month later...

I thought I would post this great news about St. Johns since some norhtern counties in Arkansas are in the St. Johns network.

St. Johns ranks as No. 1 Integrated Heath network!

"Improved admissions, a higher quality of service and revenue growth were part of what landed St. John

• 4 months later...

Aporkalypse, you and others were right...there's a wave of medical growth that's taking place in NWA right now. Not surprising. BTW, when you drive I-540 between NW Medical Center in Bentonville (north of the Walton Blvd. interchange) and where the new Mercy Medical Center's being built, the sheer number of these buildings being built on the west side of the road is striking.

Speaking of healthcare projects. Although I've heard a bit about what's going on around Washington Regional, I still haven't quite figured out what's being built to the southwest of it. Basically along Appleby Rd.

I can't quite figure that out either. I have heard that there will be a 4 story parking garage as well as a handful of other buildings. But I don't think that this building will be the garage but I also have not been by there in over a month.

The 3 story building along Appleby is the new administration building. The last time Washington Regional came before the city they had deleted the parking garge from their plans. Maybe it will be added back later but for now surface parking is all they will have.

I hope they keep the old farm house and all those big maple trees. That is a neat little link to the past and a pretty area in the fall. Of course, the land value may make it necessary to build on it instead.

The 3 story building along Appleby is the new administration building. The last time Washington Regional came before the city they had deleted the parking garge from their plans. Maybe it will be added back later but for now surface parking is all they will have.

I hope they keep the old farm house and all those big maple trees. That is a neat little link to the past and a pretty area in the fall. Of course, the land value may make it necessary to build on it instead.

Archived