Best places to live in Atlanta

Andrea

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ In Atlanta, the words 'suburban' & 'hell' go together in most cases. But I realize that since you do live in Sumter you must be immune to the issues of sprawl in larger cities. That was the case when I moved from Rock Hill - I assumed Atlanta was the entire metro, that there was no real distinction between suburban & urban.

But there is a real distinction, architectually, culturally & in many other ways. Whereas in smaller cities such as Columbia, the 'zones' are not too severe, you can quickly go through exurban to outer suburban to inner suburban & then into downtown within minutes. In Atlanta - it can be hours, a metro the size of Columbia might make up just a quarter of Atlanta's sprawling suburban mass. So - once you stay in Atlanta, or having grown up in a large city - you notice the distinctions.

Archived