Virginia Coffee House

rusthebuss

What that amendment says is if you are not maried we don' t want you here. And if you don't fit our idea of what a couple is, this is our way of sticking it to you. I'm not surprised by the result, everyone in my family is for this amendment. Old beliefs are hard to change.

What that amendment says is if you are not maried we don' t want you here. And if you don't fit our idea of what a couple is, this is our way of sticking it to you. I'm not surprised by the result, everyone in my family is for this amendment. Old beliefs are hard to change.

I am tolerant of conservative views to the point where conservative views arbitrarily take away others rights in order to satisfy religious doctrine. I cannot stomach the fact that people still think what goes on in others bedrooms is any of their business. I see no reason why someone in a committed relationship should be denied the right to take care of their partners affairs when they're sick, leave property to a loved one after death, have hospital visitation rights, etc. simply because they're gay.

I am tolerant of conservative views to the point where conservative views arbitrarily take away others rights in order to satisfy religious doctrine. I cannot stomach the fact that people still think what goes on in others bedrooms is any of their business. I see no reason why someone in a committed relationship should be denied the right to take care of their partners affairs when they're sick, leave property to a loved one after death, have hospital visitation rights, etc. simply because they're gay.
Edited by okinawatyphoon

It's not just you're money, it's theirs and mine as well. Fully grown adults who pay taxes, have goals, and have loved ones just like you. What you're arguing is that your religious beliefs should trump their rights as american citizens to believe as they choose and conduct their lives accordingly. I have no problem that you believe the way you do, I do have a problem with the fact that you think this gives you the right to deny others freedoms. That's what is at issue here.

First of all, I don't see any rights being revoked from any gay, heterosexual couple from this bill. This does nothing more than protect the sanctity of marriage. If you believe in God than you believe that marriage is ordained by Him. It was not meant for a man and man, or woman and woman. This bill does nothing more than preserve marriage as between a man and woman. In no way does this discriminate. Any gay or heterosexual couple still has every right afforded man. Please explain to me what right has been taken from any gay or heterosexual couple. And just for the record, unmarried heterosexual couples had no rights before this. No matter what they wrote in a will, if a partner dies and his family chooses to do something against the will of his will, the family would win in court any ways.

If you have a religious belief that gay mariage is wrong then don't do it. This has nothing to do with religion, its a government issue. No one is asking churches, mosque, etc. to marry same sex people, they have the right not to. And I would stand for that right. My view is different from your view, but that does not make your view trump mine. This is a secular issue about giving rights to certain people and not others, that is descrimination. I respect your views even if I think your wrong.