Streetcars in Georgia cities?

Newnan_Eric

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few months ago I read an article on the internet which said Savannah was considering bringing back parts of its old streetcar lines, like New Orleans and some other cities around the country have been doing. Did anyting ever come of this?

Yeah, the trolley busses are are different thing entirely. I'll hold my comments on that subject,

I'd say that most sizable cities in GA had streetcars. This is true for most sizable cities in SC. Of cities that haven't been mentioned so far- Columbus, Macon, maybe Albany and Valdosta too likely had them.

There was a short freight train that used the River Street Line up until about a year or so ago. It was called the River Street Rambler and it continued down President street to a paint pigment plant. There are no active passenger rail lines in Savannah other than Amtrak.

The River Street Rambler made its last run in 1999

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived