I have been away from the forum for a while

Lexy

That is SOOO cool!! I can certainly relate (though not to hockey)... my husband and I went to Nashville the first time just to try to see Amy Grant walking down the street.. hahahahaha.... We also had friends who lived there so we stayed with them... but we missed her... then the second time we went we did it to try and catch her again, and we actually did!!! She stopped and talked to us for almost an hour... it was AWESOME!!! My husband actually moved to the US from Brazil because of her... he got hooked on songwriting at 14 because of a CD of hers... and decided then and there that one day he would come to the US to work as a musician... he's still working on the "WORKING" as a musician part... but maybe once we move to Nashville he'll have more opportunities to crack into the music industry... But back to the topic of driving cross country because your a fan of someone or something... Lexy.. your not the only freak here!! hahahahahaha Seriously... I'm glad you got to go!! Thats awesome!! Post some more pics of Canada.. I'd love to see them!

Secondly... It took you 17 hours to go from Nashville to Toronto!?!?!?!?!?!? A friend of mine said that she made the trip from Nashville to Canada in 11 hours... was she totally bs-ing me?!?!?!? I was already dreaming of taking "quick" trips up to Canada when I moved to Nashville... I guess it won't be as simple as I thought!!!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Secondly... It took you 17 hours to go from Nashville to Toronto!?!?!?!?!?!? A friend of mine said that she made the trip from Nashville to Canada in 11 hours... was she totally bs-ing me?!?!?!? I was already dreaming with taking "quick" trips up to Canada when I moved to Nashville... I guess it won't be as simple as I thought!!!

I would bet she went to Detroit and went to Windsor. That is doable in 11 hours considering I can drive to Chicago in 7.

Toronto is another story for sure.

yeah... she told me she went through detroit... so I guess thats the route she took...

We drove through Detroit, but understand it rained from just this side of Fart Wayne, Indiana all the way to the western suburbs of Toronto. Not to mention we stopped at a number of different places along the way. We hit rush hour in Detroit that morning too. WOW! You think Nashville rush hours are bad, go to Detroit in the pouring rain. LOL!!!

A few more pics from the tip to CA.

Pics from Toronto:

The Hall of Cups (see the Stanley in the back?)

Picture653.jpg

Inside the ground level of the Toronto Underground.

Picture656.jpg

Later that afternoon.

Picture661.jpg

The game in Ottawa at the Corel Center.

gameatcorel.jpg

Casey (my wife) and Steve Sullivan after the game down by the locker rooms.

caseyandsteve.jpg

On the way home, we crossed the FROZEN St. Lawrence River going back into the US via Thousand Island, New York. I told you this was a road trip like nothing else.

stlawrence.jpg

The Hershey Candy factory in Hershey, Pennsylvania. Chocolate World is an awesome spot to visit!

Picture694.jpg

The residence of the President of the United States. The White House.

Picture696.jpg

I Have more pics you know! LOL!!!

Archived