St. Mary's buys large chunk of land

GRDadof3

:shok:

http://www.wzzm.com/news/grmetro_article.aspx?storyid=49195

The article says 4 acres for an expansion, which would comprise just about all of Eerdman's property on Jefferson. Says they will replace all the buildings (but not with what yet):

87608670_b4e4c1fc12_o.jpg

I'm having a hard time keeping up with all this development news.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:shok:

I'm having a hard time keeping up with all this development news.

Our town is going crazy! I don't think we've seen the end of it either.

EDIT: When did I become a hamlet, or a community of people smaller than a village? I had to look that up :blush:

There isn't a "disclosed" # of posts of when you reach different levels. :ph34r:

As far as St. Mary's goes, it must be worth if for them to speculatively build an addition here hoping to get the MSU - Med School, similar to what Spectrum is doing at the RDV/Christman site.

We got a Hospital building competition going on...

Hopefully we see the same voracity with Macatawa and Huntington ;) (albeit, less spread out, and more height-oriented)

In case you old folks were wondering.. my grandma had a hip replaced at St. Marry's, and it's reguarded as one of the best places on this side of the state for that kind of procedure :rofl:

Not to bum you out, but im the square of the bunch and I still know what that is... Geese I still have to take my first steps at drinking, I'm a virgin.

I think our DAD, is going to blow the whistla on these speakins' Weee oooo weeee oooo, OFFTOPIC!

Not to bum you out, but im the square of the bunch and I still know what that is... Geese I still have to take my first steps at drinking, I'm a virgin.

I think our DAD, is going to blow the whistla on these speakins' Weee oooo weeee oooo, OFFTOPIC!

Oh let him....I'm not afraid of him. :D

Alright so as of right now Saint's is making Eerdman parking inside of the structure until they have enough money to knock it down...and that won't be for awhile...i dont believe they know what they are going to do with the land as of yet...they have been trying to buy it for a long time...Saint's is building the new Haunstein Center where the exisitng 240 Cherry building is now..."Xavier or 240 Cherry" will be demolished soon and the project will consist of neuroscience..new critical care bed and new ER a parking garage and a helipad...scheduled to open in fall of 2008.

Alright so as of right now Saint's is making Eerdman parking inside of the structure until they have enough money to knock it down...and that won't be for awhile...i dont believe they know what they are going to do with the land as of yet...they have been trying to buy it for a long time...Saint's is building the new Haunstein Center where the exisitng 240 Cherry building is now..."Xavier or 240 Cherry" will be demolished soon and the project will consist of neuroscience..new critical care bed and new ER a parking garage and a helipad...scheduled to open in fall of 2008.

Saint Mary's wanted that property really bad and finally got it. Big numbers for what it is.

Eerdman's staying put until end of July, they have bought a new building that was built last year located at 2160 Oak Industrial drive in a property that was formerly part of the 17-acre ThornApple Valley meat plant / hot dog factory.

A really smart developer bought that after the plant closed and created 4 lots (and got RenZone status) which now will be home to Eerdman's, Pella Windows, Integra Printing, and the City of GR water / sewer dept.

Archived